153 LSAT, work 70 hrs/ week, 3.9 master gpa w published thes Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
tmims

New

Re: 153 LSAT, work 70 hrs/ week, 3.9 master gpa w published thes

Post by tmims » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:33 pm

No I'm not a troll.. Geez...

I don't need law school to be President and I could run on either tickets as both parties endorse each other's agenda at times.

My mistake for just being honest .

I don't think any law school is the golden ticket without the perseverance of that person.

Anyway good luck with your application process if needed

Winter is Coming

Bronze

Post by Winter is Coming » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:21 pm

No law school is a golden ticket, with or without perserverance.

Ron Don Volante

Silver

Post by Ron Don Volante » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:38 pm

tmims wrote:No I'm not a troll.. Geez...

I don't need law school to be President and I could run on either tickets as both parties endorse each other's agenda at times.

My mistake for just being honest .

I don't think any law school is the golden ticket without the perseverance of that person.

Anyway good luck with your application process if needed
OK get back to us in five years hope it works out godspeed brah

Pragmatic Gun

Silver

Post by Pragmatic Gun » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:51 am

You published a thesis and are working as a manager?

tmims

New

Post by tmims » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:01 pm

Yes, I completed my thesis and got it published but I had to work. I have parents to take care of.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tmims

New

Post by tmims » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:30 pm

update ......getting promoted again and talked to admissions at a couple of schools I got rejected from... So since I more than likely won't be able schedule wise to attend this fall, thinking about either paying for an online course or book and retaking in August. Got admitted toms couple of schools but I found some other schools in area I would love to be a part of

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:25 pm

Congrats on the promotion and good for you on thinking about a retake. This is all positive stuff.

tmims

New

Post by tmims » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:28 pm

Even though the comments were harsh, I have tried to take into all perspectives and take this seriously

jmontana

New

Post by jmontana » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:16 pm

I believe the majority of users on this site are over-educated idiots who have hardly worked 70 hours in their lives let alone a week. They do not work, so they study for hours upon hours and I'm sure if you had no other commitments in life besides the LSAT, your score would reflect theirs. Everyone on Top Law preaches big law, big law, and more big law. The truth is you can live a pretty comfortable life working at a small local firm. With those stats a top school is unlikely, but their many good regional schools to chose from. My guess with your work ethic you might even surpass the over-educated idiots in the classroom.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Broncos15

Bronze

Post by Broncos15 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:37 pm

jmontana wrote:I believe the majority of users on this site are over-educated idiots who have hardly worked 70 hours in their lives let alone a week. They do not work, so they study for hours upon hours and I'm sure if you had no other commitments in life besides the LSAT, your score would reflect theirs. Everyone on Top Law preaches big law, big law, and more big law. The truth is you can live a pretty comfortable life working at a small local firm. With those stats a top school is unlikely, but their many good regional schools to chose from. My guess with your work ethic you might even surpass the over-educated idiots in the classroom.

No one implied OP did not have a strong work ethic, only as to why he did not retake considering all the doors it could open up

earthabides

Bronze

Post by earthabides » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:41 pm

jmontana wrote:I believe the majority of users on this site are over-educated idiots who have hardly worked 70 hours in their lives let alone a week. They do not work, so they study for hours upon hours and I'm sure if you had no other commitments in life besides the LSAT, your score would reflect theirs. Everyone on Top Law preaches big law, big law, and more big law. The truth is you can live a pretty comfortable life working at a small local firm. With those stats a top school is unlikely, but their many good regional schools to chose from. My guess with your work ethic you might even surpass the over-educated idiots in the classroom.
lots of people work full time will studying for the LSAT. Lots of people also do well on the LSAT without studying

tmims

New

Post by tmims » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:14 pm

I could have done some things differently.

I walked amile to the test site b/c I walk all the time but I was at work that morning before I left for test and was thinking about work during the test.

The testing site I went to had these hard benches for high school children, that was uncomfortable.

and I didn't study at all.

I got into 3 out of 5 schools. those being Northwestern and Loyola Chicago I didn't get in. But now I want more in regards to scholarships. I only got one full scholarship from a school I'm not going to attend.

I have a parent I have to care for, so that complicates things.

I am giving myself this month to think about what I want to do.

and pay the initial parts of seat deposit at 2 school but I am also seriously considering getting some books and practicing, I really don't have time for the classes.

I understand all viewpoints though.

landshoes

Silver

Post by landshoes » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:01 pm

If your job is going well, there's no rush. If you feel like you could do better (and if you didn't study at all, you can do better) then retaking seems like a good idea. I bumped my score up a lot while caring for a family member and working full-time. It is surprising how a little bit of prep can go a long way if you're motivated to work hard and be efficient (which it sounds like you are). Hope everything works out for you.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”