How F***** Is This URMuggle For Hogwarts?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
twoninetynine

Re: How F***** Is This URMuggle For Hogwarts?

Postby twoninetynine » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:38 am

ballcaps wrote:is the point of this thread to reiterate the hogwarts joke?

if so i suggest OP develops some new material.

while studying for a retake.

Hogwarts is not a joke sir.

Dirigo wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:
Tomasz wrote:what the hell is this
And OP, your GPA is all over the map. You don't have a history of academic success, so why go to a professional school that is brutally dependent upon both prior and future academics?

But upward trend!

"From Hufflepuff to Ravenclaw."

downbeat14

Postby downbeat14 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:54 am

Last edited by downbeat14 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:56 am

twoninetynine wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:IDK if he's a legit URM, I'm gonna bet he has a chance at any school where he's at or above the 75th percentile LSAT.

trust, when you're a mexican, you know you're a mexican. theres no confusion.

I was referring to the extent of an admissions bump you'll receive as a Mexican, because it's both uncertain and variable. I don't think it's as strong a bump as it is for native americans and black people. Your people weren't a victim of genocide or slavery, after all.

OP the only advice you're gonna get here is:

1.) You're not guaranteed to be dinged, but your LSAT score is too low for comfort
2.) Retake

Tomasz wrote:And OP, your GPA is all over the map. You don't have a history of academic success, so why go to a professional school that is brutally dependent upon both prior and future academics?

This is dumb. Law school performance isn't dependent upon prior academics. LSAC's study showed a ~.2 correlation between 1L grades and UGPA. I wouldn't call that brutally dependent.

Atmosphere

Postby Atmosphere » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:53 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:
twoninetynine wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:IDK if he's a legit URM, I'm gonna bet he has a chance at any school where he's at or above the 75th percentile LSAT.

trust, when you're a mexican, you know you're a mexican. theres no confusion.

I was referring to the extent of an admissions bump you'll receive as a Mexican, because it's both uncertain and variable. I don't think it's as strong a bump as it is for native americans and black people. Your people weren't a victim of genocide or slavery, after all.

OP the only advice you're gonna get here is:

1.) You're not guaranteed to be dinged, but your LSAT score is too low for comfort
2.) Retake

Tomasz wrote:And OP, your GPA is all over the map. You don't have a history of academic success, so why go to a professional school that is brutally dependent upon both prior and future academics?

This is dumb. Law school performance isn't dependent upon prior academics. LSAC's study showed a ~.2 correlation between 1L grades and UGPA. I wouldn't call that brutally dependent.

I haven't been following this thread, but there is a non-negligible bump for MA applicants. It only gets murky with the 'hispanic' distinction.

Return to “What are my chances?”