C&F and Prior Matriculation Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
UselessKnowledge

New

C&F and Prior Matriculation

Post by UselessKnowledge » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:30 pm

Hi there, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I applied to a couple of the same schools as I did in a previous cycle and with the same stats, but there are new circumstances to consider. I got a DUI and later I attended law school and left before the end of the first semester. I left in good standing and with the option to return, but I want to be in a different location. I was forced to explain that I had a problem with addiction and went to rehab. What happened exactly is a long story, but I think that it's a reasonable one, and I'm not terribly sure that the specifics even matter. I am happy to be honest in any case, but I'm left with some worries. I also applied later in this cycle than in the last. Will my cycle be strongly affected by the DUI and prior matriculation? Will admissions look at the fact that I had a problem with addiction disfavorably, even if it is now all behind me? (If it means anything, the school I was attending was incredibly understanding about it.) Or will I, in all likelihood, end up with the same options as before? I just don't know how badly this all comes off.

I am looking to attend a school where I am over the 75th percentile in both LSAT and GPA.

thisone2014

Bronze

Re: C&F and Prior Matriculation

Post by thisone2014 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:17 pm

Last edited by thisone2014 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UselessKnowledge

New

Post by UselessKnowledge » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:56 pm

It's too late for that. I couldn't go to rehab and stay in school so I've already withdrawn. Any idea on how bad this looks as it is?

thisone2014

Bronze

Post by thisone2014 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:03 am

Last edited by thisone2014 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UselessKnowledge

New

Post by UselessKnowledge » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:55 pm

The more I read about it, the more nervous I get. I haven't let much time pass, but I was addicted for a short time and the circumstances that led me to become addicted were health-related and are extremely unlikely to happen again. I'm still curious if this looks bad enough that I'll seriously underperform my numbers. I don't know. If someone out there has any further knowledge of how this looks, I'd be interested to hear from you.

UselessKnowledge

New

Post by UselessKnowledge » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Bumping to ask: Anyone know how people in previous cycles have done with an issue like this?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”