AA chances

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
mmoonb09

AA chances

Postby mmoonb09 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:56 pm

What my chances at a T-10?

I have dual major and four minors! My GPA is a 3.75, and my LSAT score is a 164. Also I am an URM. I would like to know what is the best school to apply to for scholarships!

Atmosphere

Re: AA chances

Postby Atmosphere » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:40 pm

Good chance at CCN on down. Okay chance at H/S. Little to no chance at Y.

Use mylsn.info

mindthegap

Postby mindthegap » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:38 am

I was going to say that you probably have a really good chance as an AA male with such a high GPA and respectable LSAT.

... However, I was nosy and had a poke through your post history and I genuinely think you might have trouble getting into schools simply because of your background and possibly even more trouble passing the bar, depending on where you want to practice. Have you contacted a C&F attorney about your situation? I think it's imperative that you get a tentative go ahead from a lawyer in the jurisdiction that you want to practice in before you sink $100,000s into an education you may never be able to use.

If you get the go ahead, I really think that you should take a substantial amount of time off to distance yourself from what happened in your past because, unfortunately, 2012 wasn't that long ago. If I were an adcom, I'd be very hesitant to admit you just based on what you've disclosed on this site.

I'm sorry but I wouldn't even bother applying until you've spoken to an attorney. Good luck.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:59 am

Oh god. Good catch, mindthegap.
I would make non-law school plans, OP.
That's a pretty bad C&F rap sheet that you need more time to distance yourself from.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:12 am

This is definitely one of the situations in which you need to contact an attorney discipline lawyer in the jurisdiction you want to practice. People who have done all kinds of bad shit get admitted, but you will need to explain in detail what happened and why that won't make you a bad attorney. Dishonesty is by far the worst ethical violation so at least you don't have that against you.

I'd guess you are going to need to cool your heels for a few years for schools to be comfortable too. Law school seems to make people juvenile -- I saw more fights between non-friends in law school than I did anywhere else. The library makes people crazy and law schools know this.

90convoy

Postby 90convoy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:59 am

mmoonb09 wrote:What my chances at a T-10?

I have dual major and four minors! My GPA is a 3.75, and my LSAT score is a 164. Also I am an URM. I would like to know what is the best school to apply to for scholarships!

I have almost identical stats to you and Ive been accepted to pretty much all of the bottom of the t-14 so far and have yet to be rejected anywhere. But yeah, idk how your C&F thing will look. Threatening to blow up a school is never a plus ya know.

Atmosphere

Postby Atmosphere » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:01 pm

Didn't check the post history, this thread went from 0-100 reaaaaaaal quick. Yeah, that's a pretty glaring C&F issue

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:10 am

Atmosphere wrote:Didn't check the post history, this thread went from 0-100 reaaaaaaal quick. Yeah, that's a pretty glaring C&F issue

Don't be so aggressive

ballcaps

Postby ballcaps » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:19 am

obvious troll is obvious

Atmosphere

Postby Atmosphere » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:40 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:
Atmosphere wrote:Didn't check the post history, this thread went from 0-100 reaaaaaaal quick. Yeah, that's a pretty glaring C&F issue

Don't be so aggressive

Duly noted, mack

Return to “What are my chances?”