hows it looking for me Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ballcaps

Silver

Re: hows it looking for me

Post by ballcaps » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:23 pm

NonTradLawHopeful wrote:Since you received the degree a while ago and have very strong softs, having the 3.2 count will not hurt you
this is simply false. your ugpa is your ugpa, and it's the second most important factor, and it's not going anywhere.

that said, break 160 and you'll be in good shape for those schools.

eta: scooped by rigo

NonTradLawHopeful

Bronze

Post by NonTradLawHopeful » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:26 pm

ballcaps wrote:
NonTradLawHopeful wrote:Since you received the degree a while ago and have very strong softs, having the 3.2 count will not hurt you
this is simply false. your ugpa is your ugpa, and it's the second most important factor, and it's not going anywhere.

That's a common misconception on this forum. Yes it matters, but it can more than be made up for with 15+ years of quality WE, which she has. A uGPA that was completed over 10 years ago no longer represents your current abilities to succeed in law school.

fats provolone

Platinum

Post by fats provolone » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:29 pm

doesn't or shouldn't?

ballcaps

Silver

Post by ballcaps » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:32 pm

NonTradLawHopeful wrote:
ballcaps wrote:

That's a common misconception on this forum. Yes it matters, but it can more than be made up for with 15+ years of quality WE, which she has. A uGPA that was completed over 10 years ago no longer represents your current abilities to succeed in law school.
hahahahaha you're making the ludicrous assumption that admissions criteria are only relevant insofar as they reflect your ability to succeed in law school.

if that were the case, law school admissions would look starkly different.

NonTradLawHopeful

Bronze

Post by NonTradLawHopeful » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:33 pm

Doesn't when she has multiple degrees since then and is a small business owner.

My point is all four of those schools are accepting some applicants with a 3.2 or worse, and with a 160+ LSAT she is on of the strongest applicants at those school's with a similar GPA.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:37 pm

NonTradLawHopeful wrote:Doesn't when she has multiple degrees since then and is a small business owner.

My point is all four of those schools are accepting some applicants with a 3.2 or worse, and with a 160+ LSAT she is on of the strongest applicants at those school's with a similar GPA.
Sure, but your initial claim was that it doesn't hurt her.
That is false.

ballcaps

Silver

Post by ballcaps » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:39 pm

Dirigo wrote:
NonTradLawHopeful wrote:Doesn't when she has multiple degrees since then and is a small business owner.

Sure, but your initial claim was that it doesn't hurt her.
That is false.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:47 pm

Her having a 3.2 instead of a 3.8 frankly only eliminates HYS. She's a URM, and the LSAT will handle the rest. She can easily get CCN if she gets 170+. If she nails 165, she's still getting a full ride at the schools she wants. Even Boalt might take her 3.2 since they're black box.

Chrio question: I have a really bad lower back, from sitting too much and a few minor injuries. Honest answer please, does chrio help? I don't need pain management, I want permanent recovery so I can hit the gym/courts harder.

GNA

New

Post by GNA » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:50 pm

Thank you for the input. My GPA is what it is. Stanford and Bolt are out but I wasn't striving for them anyway.
For reasons discussed earlier , my goal is to get admitted into one of the 4 I listed without paying 40k/ year.
The fact I have two offices , post grad work after my chiropractic degree and am URM will place me in a unique position but I'll still need that 160.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:02 pm

A 160 isn't that hard to get. You seem capable and mature and obviously know what hard work is. Your future is in your hands. Study diligently and good things will come.

GNA

New

Post by GNA » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:05 pm

Peanutsanjam- thank you for your input.

To answer your question, which as you know is going to get us some major grief on this thread, , yes. Chiro manipulation may help. Most low back pain is caused by poor posture/ biomechanics . Prolonged sitting places a great deal of weight on weak lumbar muscles and you may feel stiffness and pain.

I would go to a well respected chiro. Ask your GP or better yet any nurses you know. Pain management will likely refer you to pt and although exercises are important manipulation will be more helpful. Especially if you can't exercise because you feel too stiff. Your chiro will perform a high velocity low impact maneuver and force joint motion.
You will be surprised at how effective it can be.

I get many referrals form pain docs and orthos . these professionals are aware of chiro benefits and usually have some dc's they feel comfortable referring to.
Make sure chiro performs an exam, checks your range of motion and looks over your history. I assume you don't have prior Injuries , disc lesions etc, it's okay if you do, just let your Chiro know.
Depending on your condition, no spams, no radicular pain ,etc, you're looking at a short course of care with transition to home exercises. Something like 3-6 visits .
Hope that helps :)

GNA

New

Post by GNA » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:12 pm

Dirigo. Thank you. Thats want I'm doing

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”