Getting into Northwestern without much work experience...

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
emilymoore04

Getting into Northwestern without much work experience...

Postby emilymoore04 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:44 pm

Northwestern is one of the law schools I'm looking at. I'd like to attend law school, right after finishing my undergraduate degree. My stats are alright...3.4 LSAC GPA & 179 LSAT score.

Would Northwestern even consider me at all, despite the fact that I have no post-undergraduate work experience? My GPA isn't too spectacular.

Please give me an honest answer. If there isn't a chance I can be admitted to this school, then I'll look to apply to other law schools in the Midwest.

ilikebaseball

Re: Getting into Northwestern without much work experience...

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:46 pm

emilymoore04 wrote:Northwestern is one of the law schools I'm looking at. I'd like to attend law school, right after finishing my undergraduate degree. My stats are alright...3.4 LSAC GPA & 179 LSAT score.

Would Northwestern even consider me at all, despite the fact that I have no post-undergraduate work experience? My GPA isn't too spectacular.

Please give me an honest answer. If there isn't a chance I can be admitted to this school, then I'll look to apply to other law schools in the Midwest.

Absolutely, with that LSAT score. They don't require WE. Obviously, it helps no matter where you are. But law school admissions is heavily numbers based (HYS can have whoever they want, so WE is much more important to them) and you have the stats. You'll be fine.

Mullens

Postby Mullens » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:02 pm

90% of the 1L class has at least one year of work experience and I have a feeling that there is some self-selection in that number as most of the people I met at ASW who went elsewhere were K-JD. Your chances will probably track pretty closely to what it says on mylsn.info

arewevoting

Postby arewevoting » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:19 pm

You have a great shot at getting in with your numbers, so definitely apply.

If it really is your top choice though, there is no harm in waiting a cycle and actually getting some WE. I always thought I wanted to be a k-jd, but I took two years off and it was the best decision I made. Making money before law school cannot be understated.

Return to “What are my chances?”