4.0, 166, serious softs. Need advice. Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
BigZuck

Diamond

Re: 4.0, 166, serious softs. Need advice.

Post by BigZuck » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:12 pm

Ignorance, sure. Maybe even arrogance. But I think you've got the anger market cornered my friend.

Check out http://www.mylsn.info for chances. If you don't like what you see, then retake.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:16 pm

turns out its legit. There are more strings attached than originally led on, but indeed he'll get assistance to 4 of the top 5.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Clearly wrote:turns out its legit. There are more strings attached than originally led on, but indeed he'll get assistance to 4 of the top 5.
Why was he asking about NYU and Penn in the OP?

Mixednuts

New

Post by Mixednuts » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:49 pm

Last edited by Mixednuts on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:56 pm

retake for 173 and you're 100% in at HLS

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:57 pm

I feel like you gotta retake if you can't get into somewhere in the top 5. There's no way to justify Penn for full price if another point or two would get you Columbia for free.

That said, 4.0/166 was getting Chicago a few years ago when things were much tougher, and I don't understand how you'd turn that down if you'd be paying big money at every other T-14.

Mixednuts

New

Post by Mixednuts » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:07 pm

Last edited by Mixednuts on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pamphleteer

Bronze

Post by pamphleteer » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:22 pm

With a 4.0 from an elite undergrad you should be able to A) get a pretty great job for a year and B) put in the work necessary to get a 170+ in June. Do both of these things and apply next cycle.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:13 am

You have a 4.0 from HYSPC. Go work for google/facebook/amazon for a few years, get rich as fuck, sleep with multiple women at the same time, and retake the lsat.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:18 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:You have a 4.0 from HYSPC. Go work for google/facebook/amazon for a few years, get rich as fuck, sleep with multiple women at the same time, and retake the lsat.
Except don't retake the lsat and don't go to law school. You are the literal last person who should go to law school. Get a good 40/45 hour per week job with upward movement. I would advise someone with a 2.5 150 last to go to law school before you. being a lawyer sucks dude.

DiniMae

Silver

Post by DiniMae » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:44 pm

Clearly wrote:
Mixednuts wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Also, just lol at the world being cruel because some rich kid padded his resume up and might not get to go to a "T5" law school because he can't break a 170 on the LSAT. Some people have to pay their way through school and raise a family at the same time, etc. Not everyone has the luxury of resume padding. The LSAT is like the fairest part of the whole process, it should be the biggest factor.

You see, it is because of people like you, who make unwarranted assumption and hate on everyone, that we can't have anything nice in this world. For your information, I don't have parents--yeah, that's right, I am an orphan, completely alone--and the program that would pay for T5 schools is a government-run program for people like myself. So, if you could please stop bitching about how everyone is a rich asshole and how you are the only hardworking individual on this planet, I would be eternally grateful.
And which government program is it that will pay for Columbia but not NYU again?
Not that I endorse the above posters message, it just seems very odd that a government program would pay your full tuition based on where the school falls on a private magazine's law school rankings, which change every year.
I don't know the OP or his "program", but for those of you who have NOT worked in the government or military -- let me tell you that there are MANY school-specific programs that pay for a variety of degrees. And to give a personal example, I applied to NYU ASPIRE, which gives a full ride + stipend paid for by the government but is NOT open to HYSCC (likely because they haven't elected to join).

These band-wagon know-it-all responses to people's questions are really getting old. If this isn't your lane and your only response is "retake", say it and move on. Other people, like myself, would like to find value here beyond the same canned answers.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:11 pm

DiniMae wrote:
Clearly wrote:
Mixednuts wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Also, just lol at the world being cruel because some rich kid padded his resume up and might not get to go to a "T5" law school because he can't break a 170 on the LSAT. Some people have to pay their way through school and raise a family at the same time, etc. Not everyone has the luxury of resume padding. The LSAT is like the fairest part of the whole process, it should be the biggest factor.

You see, it is because of people like you, who make unwarranted assumption and hate on everyone, that we can't have anything nice in this world. For your information, I don't have parents--yeah, that's right, I am an orphan, completely alone--and the program that would pay for T5 schools is a government-run program for people like myself. So, if you could please stop bitching about how everyone is a rich asshole and how you are the only hardworking individual on this planet, I would be eternally grateful.
And which government program is it that will pay for Columbia but not NYU again?
Not that I endorse the above posters message, it just seems very odd that a government program would pay your full tuition based on where the school falls on a private magazine's law school rankings, which change every year.
I don't know the OP or his "program", but for those of you who have NOT worked in the government or military -- let me tell you that there are MANY school-specific programs that pay for a variety of degrees. And to give a personal example, I applied to NYU ASPIRE, which gives a full ride + stipend paid for by the government but is NOT open to HYSCC (likely because they haven't elected to join).

These band-wagon know-it-all responses to people's questions are really getting old. If this isn't your lane and your only response is "retake", say it and move on. Other people, like myself, would like to find value here beyond the same canned answers.
Hey Mr. Bandwagon, turns out I got in touch with the op personally, got information on this program, and later vouched for the details to the rest of the thread, and all before your holiness arrived to bump an old thread to critique our collective failure to be familiar with a small foreign nation's scholarship program. The OP would be the first to vouch for the sensitivity with which I approached the topic and the encouragement I offered him. I welcome him to return and discuss my bandwagon know it all attitude.

Mixednuts

New

Post by Mixednuts » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:24 am

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”