Applying in a couple years 3.26/172. I'm an elected official Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jonathanabboud

New

Applying in a couple years 3.26/172. I'm an elected official

Post by jonathanabboud » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:03 am

Hello,

I have a 3.26 GPA and 172 LSAT, graduated in June. I have my eyes set on Berkeley, UCLA, NYU, and Columbia.

I'm currently a publicly elected official in Santa Barbara County (California) on our community college Board of Trustees. I currently also am the community organizer to install a form of local self-governance in my unincorporated community.

My GPA is low, which is my main factor holding me back, but I was student body president while at UCSB and that consumed around 60-85 hours a week.

I will have very strong letters of Rec (got them for applying to MPP).

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Re: Applying in a couple years 3.26/172. I'm an elected official

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:44 am

mylsn.info

how did u spend 85 hours a week on one extracurricular in college that is crazy lol

jonathanabboud

New

Post by jonathanabboud » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:54 am

I already did that, but the sticky says to post a new thread if you are a splitter and/or have super softs, which I think I do.

It was easy to spend that much time on it, I loved what I did and there was a lot to do. If I wasn't in a meeting, traveling to a meeting, or at my office, I was sleeping at home.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:57 am

You will likely perform as your numbers indicate

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:07 am

mylsn seems like the go-to here. Couple people got into NYU off the waitlist with similar numbers, so maybe hope for that. You'll probably get UCLA. UCB is a black box, but wants dat high GPA, so as much as I'd love to see them accept you, it's pretty unlikely. Your 3.2 is prohibitive, and I hate to say it but your softs are likely not super enough to overcome it. It seems you're more interested in government/public policy, and if that's the case you'll probably be better off sticking with an MPP. Good luck man

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”