159/3.23 URM Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Help123

New

159/3.23 URM

Post by Help123 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:25 am

Just got my score, disappointed to say the least. I'm already going to retake this as I'm sure many ppl would recommend.

but I'm wondering what schools I should throw applications to in the meantime. I'm an AA. With apps going down and sheer luck, I would love to get lucky and possibly snag something good, anyone have any idea where I should throw some apps to?!? All of them?! (1-20) I'm dirt poor so I also have fee waivers so the cost of apps isn't a real issue.

runinthefront

Gold

Re: 159/3.23 URM

Post by runinthefront » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:36 am

This is a very small sample size with a fairly large LSAT/GPA spread.

It's already late in the cycle, your GPA is on the low side, and you're on the wrong end of 160. If I were you, I would retake. If not, I would guess that you're probably shut out of most of the T14, except maybe GULC.

If you truly must go to law school this year and don't care about going into an insane amount of debt, I would probably blanket the lower T14 and rest of the T20, plus the best regional schools in the state you want to work in. I probably would only go if I received really good money from the best regional school in the market I wanted to work in, though.

I know AA apps are idiosyncratic and kind of a black box, but you could probably save at least a few hundred bucks by not sending apps out to the T6 (minus NYU). There's always a puncher's chance at NYU.
Last edited by runinthefront on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

sanfran221

New

Re: 159/3.23 URM

Post by sanfran221 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:13 pm

If cost isn't an issue, then I would definitely apply everywhere, maybe barring HYS.

We have somewhat similar stats. You might find some of the responses on the follow post useful:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4&t=241654

Return to “What are my chances?”