Chances: Northwestern & NYU.

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
emilymoore04

Chances: Northwestern & NYU.

Postby emilymoore04 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:33 pm

3.4 LSAC calculated GPA.
179 LSAT.

Only Disadvantage: I'm sending out my application in late December - which is obviously at a later time than when most applications will be sent out. I'm doing this for reasons pertaining to my GPA and recommendations.

What are my chances? Obviously I'm applying to other schools alongside these two but these are my top two schools.

jawsjawsjaws

Re: Chances: Northwestern & NYU.

Postby jawsjawsjaws » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:50 pm

Try mylsn.info but Probably a lock at both.
Why these 2 in particular? Because their school colors are purple?

pamphleteer

Postby pamphleteer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:51 pm

If you're that interested in Northwestern I'd seriously think about applying ED next cycle. You should get the $150k with those numbers.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:09 am

pamphleteer wrote:If you're that interested in Northwestern I'd seriously think about applying ED next cycle. You should get the $150k with those numbers.

That gpa might not get the 150, it's got a chance maybe, but certainly not a lock.

emilymoore04

Postby emilymoore04 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:38 am

I'm not applying ED anywhere, because NYU & Northwestern are up there equally for me, and I don't want to commit to one. Do you guys think that with these stats, I can get any sort of money from either one of these schools?

thatsnotmyname

Postby thatsnotmyname » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:16 am

emilymoore04 wrote:I'm not applying ED anywhere, because NYU & Northwestern are up there equally for me, and I don't want to commit to one. Do you guys think that with these stats, I can get any sort of money from either one of these schools?

If you apply ED to Northwestern and are accepted you receive a $150K scholarship. You have an outside shot at the scholarship, especially if you've been out of undergrad for a couple of years and have quality work experience. They'll probably defer you from ED to RD, I'd bet you'd probably still get some money at Northwestern, I'd guess maybe $90K or so. NYU, I believe is quite stingy with money relative to Northwestern and your stats don't make you the ideal candidate for money given that your GPA is below their 25th percentile, your GPA is obviously below Northwestern's 25% but I believe Northwestern is much more likely to toss money to splitters.

Anyways, I think you'll likely get money from NW and nothing from NYU. And if they are equal to you it makes sense to apply ED to NW to maximize your chance at money.

Return to “What are my chances?”