Puerto Rican queermo! Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
tinylawstudent

New

Puerto Rican queermo!

Post by tinylawstudent » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:47 pm

Hello!

I am a Puerto Rican, working class lesbian (all mentioned in my diversity statement) applying to law school. My softs are average. My LSAT was a 167 and my GPA is roughly a 3.3.

Where should I apply? Thanks!

BigZuck

Diamond

Re: Puerto Rican queermo!

Post by BigZuck » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:08 pm

You should apply to schools that can get you the job you want in the place you want at an appropriate price. You didn't give us enough pertinent information, it's not like people can go "Oh, working class Puerto Rican lesbian? Have I got just the school for you!"

I'd imagine your underrepresented minority status+LSAT should get you into some good schools but the gpa might be a hindrance. Can be a bit tough to predict but check out http://www.mylsn.info

tinylawstudent

New

Post by tinylawstudent » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:21 pm

An attempt at providing more pertinent information -- I'm not sure where I want to live and am open to trying almost anywhere, I'm extremely debt-averse, and I'm looking for a school with a strong anti-racist bent. Does that help?

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:45 pm

tinylawstudent wrote:An attempt at providing more pertinent information -- I'm not sure where I want to live and am open to trying almost anywhere, I'm extremely debt-averse, and I'm looking for a school with a strong anti-racist bent. Does that help?
I would probably take a crack at lower T14's just because URM.
You'll probably have the greatest success at strong regionals.
WUSTL will probably give you decent money, I would think. Not sure how racist they are there though (joke).
If your debt-aversion is super extreme, throw in a school like Illinois. They gave out a ton of money last cycle. Of course, you'd have to be fine with your career being in Illinois. Probably not a good idea to go to a regional school though unless you know you'd be happy in that state/region.

What are you career goals?
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:12 pm

tinylawstudent wrote:An attempt at providing more pertinent information -- I'm not sure where I want to live and am open to trying almost anywhere, I'm extremely debt-averse, and I'm looking for a school with a strong anti-racist bent. Does that help?
Almost all law schools actively recruit minority students. I can't think of a single "racist" law school, or even one that's been accused of racism. You're more likely to have issues with homophobia than racism...and even that is very, very unlikely, unless you go to a place like Regent or something.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fats provolone

Platinum

Post by fats provolone » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:38 pm

law school is generally full of libs, who are the real racists. try uchicago.

EricHosmer

New

Post by EricHosmer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:41 pm

Liberty University School of Law would probably offer you both a full ride and repentance. But a strong regional sounds like a better bet, and you might get $$$ from some of them.

mvp99

Silver

Post by mvp99 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:44 pm

You're in at at least 2 lower t14

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”