3.78/150 can't retake

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
NmZ
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:05 pm

3.78/150 can't retake

Postby NmZ » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:36 pm

I'll be deployed for December, February and June LSAT. I'm a CJ/Soc double major, active duty for 7 years with 3 combat deployments, hundreds of volunteer hours documented with a military award for them, stellar letter of recommendations.

Realistically what schools should I be considering?

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby Winston1984 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:43 pm

Depends on where you want to practice/live.

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby Winston1984 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:45 pm

And what kind of job you want.

User avatar
WhiskeyAndCupcakes
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:46 pm

.
Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby 03152016 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:49 pm

[rc fail]
Last edited by 03152016 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby 03152016 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:51 pm

i'll just add that there is a very limited list of schools op could get into that wouldn't be an utter disaster if he had ties
but i'm waiting to hear those ties/goals

User avatar
WhiskeyAndCupcakes
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:08 pm

.
Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby Dr. Review » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:11 pm

Brut wrote:you shouldn't have taken three consecutive times if you weren't making improvements
anyways, wait out a couple of cycles and retake

I was under the impression that his/her deployment is what interfered with retaking, rather than being out of chances. I'd say that changes the game. I would be inclined to sit out a cycle and retake so that you get the full benefit of the combat vet boost and that high GPA.

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4147
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby TheSpanishMain » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:14 pm

I agree with sitting out a cycle. The GI Bill changes everything. If you're 100% eligible, you just need to squeak into a good school. You don't need to worry about scholarships.

Between the veteran boost and your high GPA, you really don't need to have that great of an LSAT before you're looking at a good school with 0 debt. I'd recommend sitting out and really trying to figure out what's tripping you up on the LSAT.

Take care in Afghanistan. (Unless you're one of those weirdos who calls going to Thailand for three months a "deployment", in which case eat shit. :wink: )

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby 03152016 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:17 pm

Dr. Review wrote:
Brut wrote:you shouldn't have taken three consecutive times if you weren't making improvements
anyways, wait out a couple of cycles and retake

I was under the impression that his/her deployment is what interfered with retaking, rather than being out of chances. I'd say that changes the game. I would be inclined to sit out a cycle and retake so that you get the full benefit of the combat vet boost and that high GPA.

rc fail on my part sry op
yea def just retake when you're able to and have some decent prep under your belt

User avatar
Ron Don Volante
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby Ron Don Volante » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:44 pm

absolutely need to sit out and retake. no question at all.

User avatar
Ohiobumpkin
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:50 am

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby Ohiobumpkin » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:56 pm

If you can't or won't retake with a 150 LSAT, then don't go to law school. Pretty much every single school who would take you is not worth a penny to attend, even if free.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:58 pm

Retake the LSAT.

User avatar
butlerraider1
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby butlerraider1 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:22 pm

I echo most of the above, but we really need more information (goals, ties, etc.) to give you the best advice possible.

NmZ
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby NmZ » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:38 pm

I'll be using my GI bill so I'm not too concerned with scholarships. I plan on getting out of the military in August after my deployment and want to transition right into school which is why I'm applying with such a weak score.

I would like to practice in VA. Family law/personal injury is what I'm leaning towards but we'll see.

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby bjsesq » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:43 pm

NmZ wrote:I'll be using my GI bill so I'm not too concerned with scholarships. I plan on getting out of the military in August after my deployment and want to transition right into school which is why I'm applying with such a weak score.

I would like to practice in VA. Family law/personal injury is what I'm leaning towards but we'll see.

Take a year off. Seriously. You're getting through the stress of a deployment, should have a decent nest egg and a chance to to do nothing but work and LSAT for a year. Re. Take.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby chuckbass » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:45 pm

Then sit out for just one year, and go to UVA for free. It would be insane not to.

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby Winston1984 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:52 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:Then sit out for just one year, and go to UVA for free. It would be insane not to.

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:00 pm

Winston1984 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:Then sit out for just one year, and go to UVA for free. It would be insane not to.

sparty99
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby sparty99 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:07 pm

james.bungles wrote:
Winston1984 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:Then sit out for just one year, and go to UVA for free. It would be insane not to.

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: 3.78/150 can't retake

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:07 pm

sparty99 wrote:
james.bungles wrote:
Winston1984 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:Then sit out for just one year, and go to UVA for free. It would be insane not to.


no sparty you're not allowed to do it too




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests