Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Sls17

Re: 170 LSAT/4.0 GPA Chances at Top 5?

Postby Sls17 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:51 am

BigZuck wrote:
Sls17 wrote:Sameish numbers, sameish resume, K-JD, I got in everywhere. I go to SLS. I'm not totally sure what to attribute that to (mere luck? a killer LoR? maybe my personal statement?) but here I am.

So, yes, I'd predict you have a fair chance, just based on personal experience. Feel free to PM.

URM maybe?

Not URM.

zaetoroftheprotoss

Postby zaetoroftheprotoss » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:18 pm

Last edited by zaetoroftheprotoss on Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abitaman6363

Postby abitaman6363 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:34 pm

My honest advice--if you have yet to submit your application (you likely already have or will submit soon) then take Christmas break to go do something absolutely weird and phenomenal (i.e., go help a start-up charity in Africa, become involved with an indigenous community's social action, etc.). While you should be taking the time to do such life-changing activities anyways, the top law schools (and YLS in particular) really like these unique stories. You're softs are solid--but unfortunately so are the softs of most people who apply to the top-tier law schools (or else they have near-perfect numbers). So ask yourself, how will I stand out?
Last edited by abitaman6363 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

abitaman6363

Postby abitaman6363 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:35 pm

P.S. I would like to reiterate--I hold those who do such activities solely to get into law school with very low regard. But if going out into the world and doing some pretty cool things is something you already wanted to do and it will also provide you w/ an experience that translates into a personal statement, then two birds, one stone.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:38 pm

abitaman6363 wrote:My honest advice--if you have yet to submit your application (you likely already have or will submit soon) then take Christmas break to go do something absolutely weird and phenomenal (i.e., go help a start-up charity in Africa, become involved with an indigenous community's social action, etc.). While you should be taking the time to do such life-changing activities anyways, the top law schools (and YLS in particular) really like these unique stories. You're softs are solid--but unfortunately so are most people who are applying to the top-tier law schools (or else they have near-perfect numbers). So ask yourself, how will I stand out?

OP is out at Yale anyways as of now.
Non-URM with a 170. His time would be better spent studying for a retake.

abitaman6363

Postby abitaman6363 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:51 pm

Dirigo wrote:
abitaman6363 wrote:My honest advice--if you have yet to submit your application (you likely already have or will submit soon) then take Christmas break to go do something absolutely weird and phenomenal (i.e., go help a start-up charity in Africa, become involved with an indigenous community's social action, etc.). While you should be taking the time to do such life-changing activities anyways, the top law schools (and YLS in particular) really like these unique stories. You're softs are solid--but unfortunately so are most people who are applying to the top-tier law schools (or else they have near-perfect numbers). So ask yourself, how will I stand out?

OP is out at Yale anyways as of now.
Non-URM with a 170. His time would be better spent studying for a retake.

Sorry--had not gone through entire thread.

Return to “What are my chances?”