3.95/166 T14 Hopeful Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
FSK

Platinum

Re: 3.95/166 T14 Hopeful

Post by FSK » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:51 pm

If you can't grind out a retake when you're facing such tremendous gain, you're not going to do well in the soul crushing grind of legal practice.
Last edited by FSK on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:53 pm

alphagirljhan wrote:another reverse-splitter here (166/3.94)
I am riding this cycle but getting increasingly nervous and feel like I should retake..
But what's holding me back is the doubt whether I can increase my LSAT score.
I studied pretty hard during the summer and took the september one.
Is it really possible to improve? Should I take a course?
I feel like I know the concepts but I just get so many problems wrong when I actually try to solve them
:((((
The anxiety/self-doubt will be so much more pronounced once you actually attend law school. You'll worry about grades, getting a job, debt (if you have to take out loans) and maybe even dumb stuff like cold calls. If you can't emotionally handle retaking the LSAT, then there is just no way you can emotionally handle being in law school.

superpatton

New

Post by superpatton » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:33 pm

Can I just say to both the 166 3.9xs on here that are considering retaking to please for the love of everything just retake the damn test. I'm retaking my 167 with a 3.8x in December. I'm trying to finish course work, and the whole shebang as well, and guess what? It sucks, but you know what sucks worse than working your ass off for a couple extra months? living the next 20 years with crippling debt. I know it's hard to get the motivation up to retake, but believe me, you will never regret taking the time to do things right. Even if you have to sit out a year, if you take the time to do it right you will thank yourself later. I know TLS can sound kind of rough with their advice, but if it wasn't for these guys constantly harping on the subject, lurkers like me would have never even thought to retake for t14 options. Make the right choice here and thank yourselves later.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”