Where should I ED?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Arc50

New

Where should I ED?

Postby Arc50 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:41 am

Hey everybody.
My numbers are 3.46/166 at one of DNCG undergrads and I've got pretty realistic target schools (BC,ND,Temple) but I was planning on trying ED at a T14 just to give it a shot and hopefully get in. I've heard that Georgetown, Duke, Cornell, and Virginia give some boost to ED applicants but obviously my numbers are on the low side. Would applying ED to the law school of my undergrad give me a boost?

Which T14 school do you think I should try applying ED to in order to give myself the highest likelihood of getting in (even if that likelihood is still not very high)?

Thanks for any advice!

Kimikho

Gold

Re: Where should I ED?

Postby Kimikho » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:01 am

How many times have you taken the LSAT?

Arc50

New

Postby Arc50 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:09 am

Thanks for responding.
just this once in September. I was doing better like 167-171 on my practice tests but I almost always had 1 not good section per test just wasnt consistent enough and so thats what happened on the real test for RC plus I had trouble with the last game...

If I retake it I'm not sure I'd top 166 and I'm not sure I'll know what to do if I need to take a gap year, which is why I've been avoiding the thought of retaking it...

Kimikho

Gold

Postby Kimikho » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:15 am

Arc50 wrote:Thanks for responding.
just this once in September. I was doing better like 167-171 on my practice tests but I almost always had 1 not good section per test just wasnt consistent enough and so thats what happened on the real test for RC plus I had trouble with the last game...

If I retake it I'm not sure I'd top 166 and I'm not sure I'll know what to do if I need to take a gap year, which is why I've been avoiding the thought of retaking it...

If you weren't consistent but could get around a 170, then that just shows you need to study more. You absolutely can get above a 166!

I would retake and absolutely not ED. The problem with EDing is that you don't get any financial aid (unless it is one of the full-ride ED schools, but your GPA will keep you out of those). By retaking, you increase your chance at some money. Even with a sub 3.5 GPA you can still get 25K at some of the schools you are looking at EDing to.

North

Gold

Postby North » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:16 am

No ED is getting you into a T14 with those stats.

It would be a big mistake not to retake. I did a gap year for that reason. It worked out. I'm in LS right now, and I miss my gap year. Take it, get a shitty job, study, get a 170+ on the LSAT, get into a T14, then enjoy the rest of the year. Law school is an investment. BC, ND, and Temple are very unlikely to be good investments. If you're going to do it, do it right.

Arc50

New

Postby Arc50 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:36 am

I'm sure you two are right. Damn. Thanks for clearing things up for me

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:55 am

Arc50 wrote:DNCG undergrads

is this a thing now

Return to “What are my chances??