3.4/172 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Broncos847

New

3.4/172

Post by Broncos847 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:11 pm

Hello all,

So i'm a splitter. A splitter with T14 and big law dreams. My plan is to blanket the T14 from Columbia down (I know i'm unlikely at Columbia but they gave me a fee waiver), and hope for the best. Ideal school would be Penn as I live in Philadelphia. I've looked at lawschoolnumbers and mylsn.info but honestly for people with my numbers it seems like a crapshoot. Some get into NYU or Columbia, some don't get anywhere except Georgetown (where I don't wanna go). Why is there such an inconsistency for people with my numbers, and what can I do to maximize my chances?

UnicornHunter

Diamond

Re: 3.4/172

Post by UnicornHunter » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:38 pm

Broncos847 wrote:Hello all,

So i'm a splitter. A splitter with T14 and big law dreams. My plan is to blanket the T14 from Columbia down (I know i'm unlikely at Columbia but they gave me a fee waiver), and hope for the best. Ideal school would be Penn as I live in Philadelphia. I've looked at lawschoolnumbers and mylsn.info but honestly for people with my numbers it seems like a crapshoot. Some get into NYU or Columbia, some don't get anywhere except Georgetown (where I don't wanna go). Why is there such an inconsistency for people with my numbers, and what can I do to maximize my chances?
Things like softs and good letters of rec come into play when you're a splitter. It's inconsistent because law schools are using you to shore up one number while being careful not to pull the other down. The best thing you can do is get good letters, put together a solid app, get it in early, and apply broadly. Or, best of all, don't go to law school right away. Get a job, and live for a few years, your LSAT is good for 5 after all. If you get lucky youll find a career you actually like and you won't have to enter the nightmare that is the modern legal industrial complex.

Return to “What are my chances?”