URM - should i retake Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ariel_917

New

URM - should i retake

Post by ariel_917 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:25 pm

I have an lsat score of 156 and 3.6 GPA. I have a strong GPA with a lot of leadership roles, research experience, scholar awards, and mock trial awards. I am also an African American. SHould i retake the lsat. I have seen stats that show that your lsat won't improve by more than 2 points in a retake

RCSOB657

Gold

Re: URM - should i retake

Post by RCSOB657 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:28 pm

Where do you want to go to school, and what do you want to do. You may or may not need to retake accordingly.

ariel_917

New

Post by ariel_917 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:43 pm

RCSOB657 wrote:Where do you want to go to school, and what do you want to do. You may or may not need to retake accordingly.
I was thinking UF UM FSU and I wanna apply to Georgetown and George Washington. I would like to get some type of scholarship too. Is that possible?

LET'S GET IT

Silver

Post by LET'S GET IT » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:41 pm

ariel_917 wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:Where do you want to go to school, and what do you want to do. You may or may not need to retake accordingly.
I was thinking UF UM FSU and I wanna apply to Georgetown and George Washington. I would like to get some type of scholarship too. Is that possible?
You are in at all the Florida schools, I would imagine with scholarships at all three. You are probably in at GW, but it will be expensive. Georgetown is probably a coin flip at best, but with a few more points, you are in there as well. It's up to you, just know that a degree from any of the Florida schools won't travel at all, so only attend one of them if you are certain you want to stay in Florida after school. Good luck.

ariel_917

New

Post by ariel_917 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:31 am

LET'S GET IT wrote:
ariel_917 wrote:
You are in at all the Florida schools, I would imagine with scholarships at all three. You are probably in at GW, but it will be expensive. Georgetown is probably a coin flip at best, but with a few more points, you are in there as well. It's up to you, just know that a degree from any of the Florida schools won't travel at all, so only attend one of them if you are certain you want to stay in Florida after school. Good luck.
Yeah I'm pretty sure that I want to live in Florida. I think i have to be close to family. Thanks for the advice

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”