UVA ED or RD??

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
stir7980

New

UVA ED or RD??

Postby stir7980 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:17 pm

Longtime lurker would appreciate some advice. Visited several schools and UVA is by far my top choice, definitely to the point that I would do UVA $ over T20 $$$. Not a definite no, but hesitant to commit now to UVA sticker over T20 $$$. Basic question is, given my sub par gpa and my (perhaps incorrect?) understanding that UVA is looking more and more to their ED pool for anyone outside either median...should I be doing ED to hedge my bets against an outright reject? Or can I reasonably assume (obvi no guarantees either way) that I can get in RD?

Background:
-175, 3.3X
-Nothing outstanding, but decently solid softs, PS and LORs
-6 yrs accounting WE - 3 Big 4 Public, 3 Industry
-Non-urm, but am first gen college grad
-No VA ties

Thanks in advance and apologies if somehow a dumb question...wasn't planning on EDing anywhere, but fell in love with the school and now second guessing myself. Also, waiting on final LOR, but app should be complete before Oct 31.

Winston1984

Gold

Re: UVA ED or RD??

Postby Winston1984 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:21 pm

Are you very wealthy, or come from a very wealthy family? Goals? Where do you want to be?

KMart

Gold

Postby KMart » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:27 pm

Winston1984 wrote:Are you very wealthy, or come from a very wealthy family? Goals? Where do you want to be?

Most people will tell you that you shouldn't ED and saddle yourself with debt. The 6 years accounting salary might help negate some of this, but you should think long and hard if going to UVA for full tuition is better than a school lower on the rankings for a cheaper cost.

el madrileno

New

Postby el madrileno » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:41 pm

mylsn.info shows very little money given to similar applicants but there are some instances of $ given at the splittier schools.

UVA- 7 acceptances, 13 WL, 0 rejections. 0% receiving money.

el madrileno

New

Postby el madrileno » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:46 pm

Could those 13 waitlisted be YPed?

Return to “What are my chances??