166/3.3 third cycle Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
john1990

Silver

166/3.3 third cycle

Post by john1990 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:02 am

166 LSAT 3.3GPA withdrew from 2 schools in good standing, withdrew from Brooklyn Law before grades were issued in good standing for family reasons, withdrew from TJSL in good standing with all W's because I disliked California

Drexel rejected
Albany rejected
St. Johns rejected

Touro full ride
New England full ride

Northeastern still waiting
Boston U still waiting
George Washington still waiting
U Penn still waiting
New York Law still waiting

The general pattern is: In at T4 with full ride, rejected at T3, T2/T1 still waiting. Do you think I have any chance at a T1 or T2? I actually was in the top quartile at TJSL after my midterms and I was not studying my hardest by far (taking all weekends off lol), but I did not like the idea of working in SD so i left

Sgt Brody.

Bronze

Re: 166/3.3 third cycle

Post by Sgt Brody. » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:18 am

i remember you john 1990, I am going to sit back to enjoy this thread http://i.imgur.com/NnoGhN1.jpeg

Dr.Zer0

Silver

Post by Dr.Zer0 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:19 am

john1990 wrote:166 LSAT 3.3GPA withdrew from 2 schools in good standing, withdrew from Brooklyn Law before grades were issued in good standing for family reasons, withdrew from TJSL in good standing with all W's because I disliked California

Drexel rejected
Albany rejected
St. Johns rejected

Touro full ride
New England full ride

Boston U still waiting
U Penn still waiting

The general pattern is: In at T4 with full ride, rejected at T3, T2/T1 still waiting. Do you think I have any chance at a T1 or T2? I actually was in the top quartile at TJSL after my midterms and I was not studying my hardest by far (taking all weekends off lol), but I did not like the idea of working in SD so i left
You must be a troll.

Sgt Brody.

Bronze

Post by Sgt Brody. » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:22 am

^must be a troll might be an understatement.

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:23 am

Tag

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NoLieAbility

Bronze

Post by NoLieAbility » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:31 am

Chicago gives a significant boost for ED. You might sit out a cycle and try there.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9snx ... o1_250.gif

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:34 am

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:44 am

Well the first time was a one time thing with my mother being very sick and the second time I ended up at a school in california because there was nothing in NY. If TJSL was in the northeast I probably would have stuck out the year and tried to transfer since I was in the top 25% but I wanted out of the state. I liked the work, but I hated being 2,500 miles from family and SD is very different from NY so it really wasn't about school. I was hoping schools would be more lenient since I was in good standing both times, but they have been fearing that I am a drop risk so the cycle has been bad. I am still hoping on BU and GW but I still have no decision.

I know my history is wierd, that is part of the reason I made the thread to show others who drop in good standing. The first drop hurts you at some schools and the second drop seems to take you out of everything but T4 even if you were doing well before the drop. Although its early to call the cycle quits for about a month still

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:18 am

I would ask why you even still want to attend law school after doing it twice, but some bullshit would ensue that I frankly don't care to read, so, whatever.

Honestly I would find another career at this point, and by affiliation, another internet forum to troll. I just don't think there could ever be anything left worthwhile in law for you unless maybe you retook and nailed a 175+.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:35 am

jbagelboy wrote:I would ask why you even still want to attend law school after doing it twice, but some bullshit would ensue that I frankly don't care to read, so, whatever.

Honestly I would find another career at this point, and by affiliation, another internet forum to troll. I just don't think there could ever be anything left worthwhile in law for you unless maybe you retook and nailed a 175+.
Yep.

I think he has a litany of bizarre C&F issues too, assuming you take everything at face value.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:53 am

I think you may need to consider waiting a few years and reapplying since you started at two different schools and left them. Schools will now likely think you are going to do the same- so why admit you( except for the TTTT)?

objctnyrhnr

Post by objctnyrhnr » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:55 pm

I don't believe that you would have been stupid enough to withdraw a second time after observing the effect that it had on your acceptances the first time. "not liking california" seems like an illegitimate reason...and like it's california; not north dakota.

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:58 pm

objctnyrhnr wrote:I don't believe that you would have been stupid enough to withdraw a second time after observing the effect that it had on your acceptances the first time. "not liking california" seems like an illegitimate reason...and like it's california; not north dakota.
I'd rather live in North Dakota, because fuck California.

ETA: This is not meant to be taken in support of John1990. He's either an idiot or a tireless genius troll. I'm honestly not sure which.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

objctnyrhnr

Post by objctnyrhnr » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:13 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
objctnyrhnr wrote:I don't believe that you would have been stupid enough to withdraw a second time after observing the effect that it had on your acceptances the first time. "not liking california" seems like an illegitimate reason...and like it's california; not north dakota.

ETA: This is not meant to be taken in support of John1990. He's either an idiot or a tireless genius troll. I'm honestly not sure which.
hahha let's say that you are OP and really do feel that way..this is something you would/at least absolutely should have realized BEFORE signing up at the second LS

on another note, i have often seen on this boards people calling people trolls. do people really not have anything better to do than post random shit with random made up facts on a board whose purpose is for information? it just seems even more absurd than the individual claims themselves (even this one).

Nucky

Silver

Post by Nucky » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:29 pm

john1990 wrote:166 LSAT 3.3GPA withdrew from 2 schools in good standing, withdrew from Brooklyn Law before grades were issued in good standing for family reasons, withdrew from TJSL in good standing with all W's because I disliked California

Drexel rejected
Albany rejected
St. Johns rejected

Touro full ride
New England full ride

Boston U still waiting
U Penn still waiting

On the off chance you aren't a troll, which you seem to have been outed on several times, I have to ask you how you know you were "top quartile" if you withdrew before grades were issued or you took 'W's?

Should've taken the "top quartile" grades and transferred. I recommend assuming a scooping position at your local ice cream shop.

SFrost

Bronze

Post by SFrost » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:37 pm

It's not just getting in to law school ...

Can you explain this to employers?

Personally, I would be very hesitant to employ someone graduating from their third round of law school. There's too many other qualified applicants. Even if you graduated top of your class (which is unlikely given your uGPA).

Are you in debt?

Cal Trask

Gold

Post by Cal Trask » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:45 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:

Fuck you, California is the best.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:57 pm

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:39 pm

CA > other shit

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”