W's for health reasons?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
Luke_Lawyer19

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:10 pm

W's for health reasons?

Postby Luke_Lawyer19 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:28 pm

Hey guy's,

I'm not sure if any of you remember me or not, but I made a post last year dealing W's on a University transcript.

I took three W's last year for reasons relating to health and a work load. This year, however, it just so happened that I've been suffering from the symptoms of a colon disease I was diagnosed with as a child (I know, it's disgusting...). This has caused my ability to properly study, and even attend class, to drastically plummet.

As some of you can probably tell from my earlier posts, I am trying to gain acceptance in H,Y, or S, preferably H. I have a 4.0 GPA, and although I am only in my second year of undergrad, I have made lots of progress on the LSAT (scoring over 160+). I am aiming for 175+.

With all that being said, it seems like I'm going to have to take another three W's because of my condition (I would have six W's in all).

Does this ruin my chances for HYS?
Last edited by Luke_Lawyer19 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Luke_Lawyer19

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: W's for health reasons?

Postby Luke_Lawyer19 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:49 pm

Anyone?

lakers180

Bronze
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: W's for health reasons?

Postby lakers180 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:05 pm

No you can write an addendum on your app and you'll be fine.

User avatar
Luke_Lawyer19

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: W's for health reasons?

Postby Luke_Lawyer19 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:47 pm

I guess what I'm asking is this: hypothetically, say I applied with a 4.0 + LSAC GPA and a 175+ LSAT score, would I be at (any sort) of disadvantaged compared to other students?

User avatar
JazzieShizzle

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:47 am

Re: W's for health reasons?

Postby JazzieShizzle » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:49 pm

Luke_Lawyer19 wrote:I guess what I'm asking is this: hypothetically, say I applied with a 4.0 + LSAC GPA and a 175+ LSAT score, would I be at (any sort) of disadvantaged compared to other students?

No. They really only care about the GPA, not how many Ws you got along the way. You should definitely write an addendum though so that they know you didn't just flake out of school every few semesters.

User avatar
Luke_Lawyer19

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: W's for health reasons?

Postby Luke_Lawyer19 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:13 pm

Can anybody second this?

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton

Platinum
Posts: 5414
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: W's for health reasons?

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:23 am

you have a legit reason so it should be no problem at all

rwhyAn

Bronze
Posts: 330
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: W's for health reasons?

Postby rwhyAn » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:58 am

I must've had 10 W's during my undergrad--5 were from withdrawing mid-semester and the other 5 were from me being lazy--and I didn't have any issues. 3 W's won't be an issue. Just explain it in an addendum.

User avatar
Luke_Lawyer19

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: W's for health reasons?

Postby Luke_Lawyer19 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:19 am

rwhyAn wrote:I must've had 10 W's during my undergrad--5 were from withdrawing mid-semester and the other 5 were from me being lazy--and I didn't have any issues. 3 W's won't be an issue. Just explain it in an addendum.


Are you at H?

User avatar
Luke_Lawyer19

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: W's for health reasons?

Postby Luke_Lawyer19 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:47 am

Luke_Lawyer19 wrote:
rwhyAn wrote:I must've had 10 W's during my undergrad--5 were from withdrawing mid-semester and the other 5 were from me being lazy--and I didn't have any issues. 3 W's won't be an issue. Just explain it in an addendum.


Are you at H?


Sorry for sounding a little rude there. That was not my intention :) .

User avatar
Luke_Lawyer19

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: W's for health reasons?

Postby Luke_Lawyer19 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:41 pm

And all of these comments are in regards to H,Y, and S admissions, right?

User avatar
Luke_Lawyer19

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: W's for health reasons?

Postby Luke_Lawyer19 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:41 pm

Anyone else want to jump in and give their opinion/knowledge on the subject?

I know TLS has lots of H admits (real and potential) roaming around.

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton

Platinum
Posts: 5414
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: W's for health reasons?

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:32 pm

Luke_Lawyer19 wrote:And all of these comments are in regards to H,Y, and S admissions, right?


wait until you have a 170+ and then make this thread

User avatar
Luke_Lawyer19

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: W's for health reasons?

Postby Luke_Lawyer19 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:59 pm

james.bungles wrote:
Luke_Lawyer19 wrote:And all of these comments are in regards to H,Y, and S admissions, right?


wait until you have a 170+ and then make this thread


I understand what your saying, but I am investing ALOT of time in the LSAT right now and I just want to make sure that my, potentially, 6 W's will not be a problem.

makeitsnow

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Re: W's for health reasons?

Postby makeitsnow » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:19 pm

What exactly are you looking for here Luke?
Will your decision to drop classes change depending on what people will say? If so, your health does not seem absolutely necessary to warrant Ws.

Are you looking for reassurance to help you justify dropping classes?

Regardless of how significant your LSAT seems to be improving now, it's phenomenally more difficult to bump a few points once you hit 170. That's why they're asking you to post once you have some solid numbers to reason with. I'm trying to be helpful but the post only comes off as a really anxious sophomore. Just chill dude.

User avatar
drawstring

Gold
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: W's for health reasons?

Postby drawstring » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:45 am

You're not also this guy by any chance?

Relax man.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=226428

User avatar
Luke_Lawyer19

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: W's for health reasons?

Postby Luke_Lawyer19 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:52 am

So the general consensus is that, if I write an addendum and provide medical documentation, (and I have the proper numbers, obviously) I should not be at a disadvantaged relative to other applicants without W's?

makeitsnow

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Re: W's for health reasons?

Postby makeitsnow » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:30 am

Yes. Numbers-wise you should be fine.

I assume you are still anxious but for the wrong reasons as you have not taken my advice. Proceed with caution cuz little shits asking for a pat on the back or a jail-free card for things that aren't absolutely unavoidable (ie family emergency or severe health issues independent on law school prospects) need to hear this some time or another.

But keep these in mind :
- Unless you're graduating in three years (applying next cycle), think real carefully about what you're doing. People graduate with 35 or so credits and you've accumulated a whole semester's worth. You should probably stop dropping classes and get your shit together.

- This definitely won't hurt your numbers (as you are grooming yourself and your grades beautifully as the perfect candidate), but it will definitely catch their attention and probably be a soft factor handicap.

- If your health has affected two years out of your college education (but not as severely in high school), then what guarantee will a) HYS have you won't fail your health and b) you won't drop classes at the school you groomed yourself for like you go to the toilet? And yes, granted you're looking at HYS, I would say you Failed your health.

- The fact that your W decisions are ex ante and somewhat dependent on the words of complete strangers (I could be the dude that hazed your scrawny little ass in high school) is very troublesome. Especially since you're a HYS aspiree.

- There are a lot more reverse splitters - high grades low lsats. Climbing the 160 ladder is like rushing down a virgin's panties and undoing her bras - just wet enough but not ready. That extra tipping point will be the 170 mark and it only gets harder (unlike sex) from there on.

You should be anxious not because of your LS prospects but because of a) your sorry health, b) your lack of courage to boldly drop big Ws, and c) your life revolving around which top LS you'll go to.

Luke my friend. I probably wont be going to a law school as prestigious as you are given how willing you are to spread your legs wide open for law school, but I hope my time and effort will help you grow up a little bit.

User avatar
Clyde Frog

Platinum
Posts: 8985
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:27 am

Re: W's for health reasons?

Postby Clyde Frog » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:49 pm

makeitsnow wrote:Yes. Numbers-wise you should be fine.

I assume you are still anxious but for the wrong reasons as you have not taken my advice. Proceed with caution cuz little shits asking for a pat on the back or a jail-free card for things that aren't absolutely unavoidable (ie family emergency or severe health issues independent on law school prospects) need to hear this some time or another.

But keep these in mind :
- Unless you're graduating in three years (applying next cycle), think real carefully about what you're doing. People graduate with 35 or so credits and you've accumulated a whole semester's worth. You should probably stop dropping classes and get your shit together.

- This definitely won't hurt your numbers (as you are grooming yourself and your grades beautifully as the perfect candidate), but it will definitely catch their attention and probably be a soft factor handicap.

- If your health has affected two years out of your college education (but not as severely in high school), then what guarantee will a) HYS have you won't fail your health and b) you won't drop classes at the school you groomed yourself for like you go to the toilet? And yes, granted you're looking at HYS, I would say you Failed your health.

- The fact that your W decisions are ex ante and somewhat dependent on the words of complete strangers (I could be the dude that hazed your scrawny little ass in high school) is very troublesome. Especially since you're a HYS aspiree.

- There are a lot more reverse splitters - high grades low lsats. Climbing the 160 ladder is like rushing down a virgin's panties and undoing her bras - just wet enough but not ready. That extra tipping point will be the 170 mark and it only gets harder (unlike sex) from there on.

You should be anxious not because of your LS prospects but because of a) your sorry health, b) your lack of courage to boldly drop big Ws, and c) your life revolving around which top LS you'll go to.

Luke my friend. I probably wont be going to a law school as prestigious as you are given how willing you are to spread your legs wide open for law school, but I hope my time and effort will help you grow up a little bit.


Da fuq?

User avatar
patogordo

Gold
Posts: 4826
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:33 am

Re: W's for health reasons?

Postby patogordo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:51 pm

well this thread delivered



Return to “What are my chances??

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests