To be deleted

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Nina8182

To be deleted

Postby Nina8182 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:01 pm

To be deleted
Last edited by Nina8182 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldenflash19

Re: Reverse Splitter, Chances at George Mason?

Postby goldenflash19 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:25 pm

Wait for your score to get back, but a retake is most likely in order. Your GPA is way too good to settle for a score in the 150s. Also, stay away from American like the plague.

TheSpanishMain

Postby TheSpanishMain » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:25 pm

That's indeed the right answer. Make plans under the assumption that you're not going in the fall.

Nova

Postby Nova » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:44 pm

With an LSAT that low, youre going to be paying near sticker at all those schools. Attending any of those schools at close to full cost would be a financial mistake.

keep studying :arrow: retake in June/Oct :arrow: hit medians :arrow: get legit scholarships @ better schools

here are your chances as is, tho: http://mylsn.info/3tma7m/

Nina8182

Postby Nina8182 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:54 pm

Nova wrote:With an LSAT that low, youre going to be paying near sticker at all those schools. Attending any of those schools at close to full cost would be a financial mistake.

keep studying :arrow: retake in June/Oct :arrow: hit medians :arrow: get legit scholarships @ better schools

here are your chances as is, tho: http://mylsn.info/3tma7m/

Thanks for the advice! My only question is since George Mason is already such a bargain, and I would receive in-state tuition if accepted, how much $$ would I really be getting if I increased my score. From what I've researched, even if I jumped to a 160 I wouldn't get any more than 2-4 grand. What do you think?

cron1834

Postby cron1834 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:02 pm

George Mason is not a bargain. It's a 50% chance of getting any kind of job in exchange for almost $200k. That's not a bargain.

Nova

Postby Nova » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:03 pm

Nina8182 wrote:Thanks for the advice! My only question is since George Mason is already such a bargain, and I would receive in-state tuition if accepted, how much $$ would I really be getting if I increased my score. From what I've researched, even if I jumped to a 160 I wouldn't get any more than 2-4 grand. What do you think?

$174,568 COA after interest is more of a rip off than a bargain. To get a significant scholarship, youll likely need to score at or above median (161+)

Although they are ranked decently by usnwr, their job prospects are not good.

Only 49.5% of graduates were known to be employed in non-school funded, long-term, full-time legal jobs.
http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=gmu

Generally, the school shouldn't be attended at a COA much higher than the COL. With only a 50/50 shot at a real legal job, many on this site would argue its the kind of school that should never be attended.

kellohitty

Postby kellohitty » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:06 pm

As I'm sure others are going to tell you to retake, I'm just going to answer your question.

GPA 155, LSAT 3.78:

American: target
GW: reach
George Mason: reach (however, I've noticed a couple sub-160's get acceptances this cycle, so who knows)
Villanova: in
W&M: reach
Richmond: reach
Maryland: target/reach

At this point, if you're adamant about applying this cycle and not retaking the LSAT, make sure every part of your application is flawless. Be sure to reiterate your interest to admissions committees throughout your cycle. It sounds like the other aspects of your application are very competitive for these schools. This cycle, I was able to overcome a low LSAT score with my GPA and softs as well, so I believe in you!

Also, you can go to lawschoolpredictor.com and insert your stats and the site will predict your chances based on previous data. :)
Last edited by kellohitty on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:15 pm

cron1834 wrote:George Mason is not a bargain. It's a 50% chance of getting any kind of job in exchange for almost $200k. That's not a bargain.

JazzieShizzle

Postby JazzieShizzle » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:25 pm

kellohitty wrote:As I'm sure others are going to tell you to retake, I'm just going to answer your question.

GPA 155, LSAT 3.78:

American: target
GW: reach
George Mason: reach (however, I've noticed a couple sub-160's get acceptances this cycle, so who knows)
Villanova: in
W&M: reach
Richmond: reach
Maryland: target/reach

At this point, if you're adamant about applying this cycle and not retaking the LSAT, make sure every part of your application is flawless. Be sure to reiterate your interest to admissions committees throughout your cycle. It sounds like the other aspects of your application are very competitive for these schools. This cycle, I was able to overcome a low LSAT score with my GPA and softs as well, so I believe in you!

Also, you can go to lawschoolpredictor.com and insert your stats and the site will predict your chances based on previous data. :)

I agree, but I think it's worth adding that even if you get accepted to Villanova and maybe Maryland, I don't think you will be very competitive for scholarship money. If you are set on applying this cycle, you should also apply to a few schools that have 155 median LSAT. I don't know what your career goals are, but you definitely do not want to take on huge debt for about a coin's flip chance at a lawyer job.

d cooper

Postby d cooper » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:02 pm

Mediocre prep for your 152 and then one month with a tutor for your ~155. You just have to stop half assing it and take the LSAT seriously, because it is the most important part of your application.

Sit out this cycle and make LSAT study a real life priority. Aim for October — since it will be your third take, you don't want to rush into June.

Return to “What are my chances?”