Chances at usc / ucla / gtown / texas

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
whjohnso444

Chances at usc / ucla / gtown / texas

Postby whjohnso444 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:13 pm

3.2 168 so far accepted to umn (90k) and wustl. Complete everywhere in mid January. They responded very fast. Is this where I top out or may I get into a higher ranked school?

BigZuck

Re: Chances at usc / ucla / gtown / texas

Postby BigZuck » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:21 pm

whjohnso444

Postby whjohnso444 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:28 pm

Yes yes mylsn.info I'm aware. Although there's other factors like the decline in apps this year. Other relevant info: I had a dui three years ago, nothing since. Strong upward gpa trend, decent softs. Also I see that many people get waitlisted with these numbers. I've already been waitlisted at virginia, which i know is impossible to get off of. Chances are I get waitlisted at these schools. Are my chances good off the waitlist?

MistakenGenius

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:42 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

whjohnso444

Postby whjohnso444 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:51 pm

Goddamn they should just get rid of this sticky because every post ends in the same douchey response: mylsn.info and/or retake.

xmking07

Postby xmking07 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:16 am

whjohnso444 wrote:Goddamn they should just get rid of this sticky because every post ends in the same douchey response: mylsn.info and/or retake.

You have access to the same resources that we do. Namely, mylsn and lsn. Our speculation won't necessarily help you. Apply to them all and wait it out.

drevo

Postby drevo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:13 am

whjohnso444 wrote:Goddamn they should just get rid of this sticky because every post ends in the same douchey response: mylsn.info and/or retake.

The sticky is there for a reason. Nobody here has some magic insider info that will counter what mylsn.info shows. Everyone here will in fact refer to mylsn.info when faced with a "what are my chances at X with this GPA?LSAT."

Also you already submitted. So you are about to find out exactly the outcome of your situation at those schools and nothing anyone here can say will change that outcome.

TheSpanishMain

Postby TheSpanishMain » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:27 am

I'll play. What are your softs? I got into UCLA, GULC, and Texas with a GPA only slightly above yours and the same LSAT.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:39 am

Your first post had just numbers and no other information. And you ignored the sticky. Given that mylsn can do more with just numbers than we can, why would you expect us to do anything else besides direct you to where the sticky told you to go?

whjohnso444

Postby whjohnso444 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:47 pm

I'm an assistant coach for a high school debate team, I did college debate and won some awards, I worked investing corporate bonds and I currently work at a firm that does disability advocacy. Nothing huge but okay for coming straight out of undergrad here in utah. Thanks for entertaining this btw. Lolz

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:53 pm

whjohnso444 wrote:I'm an assistant coach for a high school debate team, I did college debate and won some awards, I worked investing corporate bonds and I currently work at a firm that does disability advocacy. Nothing huge but okay for coming straight out of undergrad here in utah. Thanks for entertaining this btw. Lolz

None of that will make an appreciable difference. Expect your numbers to dictate how your cycle plays out, although you might underachieve given the C+F issues. How might you underachieve? That's impossible for us to determine with any degree of specificity, it could very well vary from school to school.

TheSpanishMain

Postby TheSpanishMain » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:54 pm

whjohnso444 wrote:I'm an assistant coach for a high school debate team, I did college debate and won some awards, I worked investing corporate bonds and I currently work at a firm that does disability advocacy. Nothing huge but okay for coming straight out of undergrad here in utah. Thanks for entertaining this btw. Lolz

The work experience is nice, but I don't think any of this is going to make you outperform your numbers in any real way. I would expect to have a cycle that looks almost exactly like mylsn suggests it should.

whjohnso444

Postby whjohnso444 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:16 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:

The work experience is nice, but I don't think any of this is going to make you outperform your numbers in any real way. I would expect to have a cycle that looks almost exactly like mylsn suggests it should.

Lolz id take your cycle any day. I applied a little late and went complete Jan 14th but I guess no rejections yet is a good sign. Nice to see you have done well so far.

Attax

Postby Attax » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:27 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:

I'll play. What are your softs? I got into UCLA, GULC, and Texas with a GPA only slightly above yours and the same LSAT.

I'll also play. I'd assume he'd be good at Texas if in state, but OOS would probably still be okay.

Debate awards: there are tons of us debaters applying to law school. I'd say unless they are some national awards from a prestigious debate league (CEDA, NDT, APA) it probably won't mean that much.

whjohnso444

Postby whjohnso444 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:23 pm

Attax wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:

I'll also play. I'd assume he'd be good at Texas if in state, but OOS would probably still be okay.

Debate awards: there are tons of us debaters applying to law school. I'd say unless they are some national awards from a prestigious debate league (CEDA, NDT, APA) it probably won't mean that much.

I figure lol. I didn't debate too long in college, mostly volunteering and coaching / traveling a lot, which should look good. Went to the TOC in high school but I don't think that's even on my resume it was so long ago.

twenty

Postby twenty » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:24 pm

Attax wrote:Debate awards: there are tons of us debaters applying to law school. I'd say unless they are some national awards from a prestigious debate league (CEDA, NDT, APA) it probably won't mean that much.

Blatant anti-NPDA trolling.

Nyclawyer618

Postby Nyclawyer618 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:28 pm

You topped out. Move along now

whjohnso444

Postby whjohnso444 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:45 pm

"Move along now" - Douche

Return to “What are my chances?”