Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
SnakySalmon

Postby SnakySalmon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:05 am

:D
Last edited by SnakySalmon on Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

nothingtosee

Re: What LSAT will I need to get in to YHS?

Postby nothingtosee » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:12 am

Your softs are fine...won't hold you back, won't get you in anywhere your numbers didn't put you already.

170 and you're 50/50. 172 and you're automatic (barring weird issues with your app).

173 for a full ride at CCN.

Play around here if you want more info: http://mylsn.info/r/pre-law/admissions/search/

SnakySalmon

Postby SnakySalmon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:18 am

Is there anything I can do to shore my softs up further at this point? I assume publishing would help.

I have basic volunteer work, but my understanding is that it isn't worth mentioning if I have other stuff.

jkwo07

Postby jkwo07 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:22 am

Don't worry about your softs. It's a numbers game. Prep/kill lsat, get into HYS.

Quest4Knowledge

Postby Quest4Knowledge » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:32 am

Congrats on your achievements so far! I would aim for a 173 (median for Y and H).

delusional

Postby delusional » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:33 am

Pretty sure being white is not a soft anymore.

There's no auto admit at YS, but on a range from 170-175, you'll go from 10% to 99% chance of acceptance at H. Guessing on the others, but maybe similar for either one of YS.

SnakySalmon

Postby SnakySalmon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:43 am

delusional wrote:Pretty sure being white is not a soft anymore.

There's no auto admit at YS, but on a range from 170-175, you'll go from 10% to 99% chance of acceptance at H. Guessing on the others, but maybe similar for either one of YS.

Ha, the sticky said to mention if you were URM, and that was my way of saying I'm not.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:29 am

Probably need to break 170. Shoot for 180.

As for softs, try to get a couple of really high-quality rec letters from professors who know you well.

KatyMarie

Postby KatyMarie » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:40 am

Not trying to hijack the thread, but it's probably not worth making one of my own when it's so similar. Is it worth it to throw an app at YLS with a 169/4.0 because who knows what could happen? Or, in all honesty, am I better off setting $85 on fire?

MistakenGenius

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:31 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

KatyMarie

Postby KatyMarie » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:46 pm

MistakenGenius wrote:
KatyMarie wrote:Not trying to hijack the thread, but it's probably not worth making one of my own when it's so similar. Is it worth it to throw an app at YLS with a 169/4.0 because who knows what could happen? Or, in all honesty, am I better off setting $85 on fire?

First of all, let me say get the obvious out of the way, you're an idiot if you don't retake. Other than that, your chances at Yale is extremely low, basically 0. Honestly, I'd put serious money on you not getting in. That said, I'd apply anyway. I don't know about you, but I think spending $85 is better than constantly wondering "what if?"

Yeah, I'll probably throw an app their way just to have my name in the hat. Who knows.

Anyway, I hope calling people names over the internet helps you feel better about yourself!!

cron1834

Postby cron1834 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:47 pm

delusional wrote:Pretty sure being white is not a soft anymore.

Hahahaha :lol:

copingtrope

Postby copingtrope » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:26 pm

KatyMarie wrote:
MistakenGenius wrote:
KatyMarie wrote:Not trying to hijack the thread, but it's probably not worth making one of my own when it's so similar. Is it worth it to throw an app at YLS with a 169/4.0 because who knows what could happen? Or, in all honesty, am I better off setting $85 on fire?

First of all, let me say get the obvious out of the way, you're an idiot if you don't retake. Other than that, your chances at Yale is extremely low, basically 0. Honestly, I'd put serious money on you not getting in. That said, I'd apply anyway. I don't know about you, but I think spending $85 is better than constantly wondering "what if?"

Yeah, I'll probably throw an app their way just to have my name in the hat. Who knows.

Anyway, I hope calling people names over the internet helps you feel better about yourself!!

You asked for advice, and he/she gave you good advice. No need to get mad about it. Just retake.

KatyMarie

Postby KatyMarie » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:24 am

copingtrope wrote:
KatyMarie wrote:
MistakenGenius wrote:

You asked for advice, and he/she gave you good advice. No need to get mad about it. Just retake.

If your heart isn't set on HYS, a 169/4.0 is really, really not bad. Things in TLS just get so often skewed that direction that people lose perspective and act like dicks towards everyone they think is below them on here. All that was needed was "You're probably not going to get into YLS with those numbers" not a "YOUR AN IDIOT!1" type comment. It's completely unnecessary.

heythatslife

Postby heythatslife » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:25 am

Well, nobody said 169/4.0 is terrible, so don't put words into people's mouths. In the context of your question it's clearly not going to get you what you asked about. And no, it's not a lottery so you won't be considered just by the virtue of simply having put "your name in the hat." Because Yale has a small class size, I doubt it can afford to take on more than a handful of sub-25 percentilers and those that it does will have amazing softs or URM status. Anyway, it seems you kinda knew the answer yourself.

I agree that "idiot" was probably unnecessary, but hey you got the message.

delusional

Postby delusional » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:34 am

People definitely get in to H with those numbers.

akg144

Postby akg144 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:41 am

Your going to have a fantastic cycle but no those are not YLS numbers...but why dwell on the negative your going to get tons of $$$ at a great school and become fabulously wealthy, be happy with Cambridge and think not another thought of New Haven and you will be the better for it

KatyMarie

Postby KatyMarie » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:57 pm

akg144 wrote:

Your going to have a fantastic cycle but no those are not YLS numbers...but why dwell on the negative your going to get tons of $$$ at a great school and become fabulously wealthy, be happy with Cambridge and think not another thought of New Haven and you will be the better for it

Haha. Thanks for vote of confidence. I appreciate it. I'll invite you to a party in my mansion when I become 'fabulously wealthy.' :lol:

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:23 pm

KatyMarie wrote:If your heart isn't set on HYS, a 169/4.0 is really, really not bad. Things in TLS just get so often skewed that direction that people lose perspective and act like dicks towards everyone they think is below them on here. All that was needed was "You're probably not going to get into YLS with those numbers" not a "YOUR AN IDIOT!1" type comment. It's completely unnecessary.

It's not just about HYS. You're flushing money down the drain by not retaking for a full ride at CCN.

Return to “What are my chances?”