Notre Dame

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
cron1834
Posts: 1921
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Re: Notre Dame

Postby cron1834 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:53 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:Please go to a trade school of some kind. Become a welder or an HVAC technician. Enjoy steady employment, good paychecks, and no post-law school unemployment with 200k in debt.


I agree with this. However, Rascal, you are pretty entertaining.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby DaRascal » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:18 pm

.
Last edited by DaRascal on Mon May 05, 2014 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15417
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby sublime » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:21 pm

..

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby DaRascal » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:36 pm

.
Last edited by DaRascal on Mon May 05, 2014 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4142
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby TheSpanishMain » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:50 pm

DaRascal wrote:I always keep an open mind, but what was the point of going to college and everything just to go to trade school?


Don't think of trade school as failure. You realize that most skilled, technical job workers make more than most social science/English bachelor's degrees holders? Experienced, credentialed people can make some pretty decent wages, and they're actually in demand.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15417
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby sublime » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:52 pm

..

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby Otunga » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:44 pm

The Spanish Main's trade school advice should be posted in most 0L threads.

BigZuck
Posts: 10875
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Notre Dame

Postby BigZuck » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:51 pm

Just get a job dude. Piling on a bunch of debt for law school would be an incredibly bad choice. Things aren't going well for you right now and you have to get your life on track. Going to law school would just make everything worse.

californiauser
Posts: 1184
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Notre Dame

Postby californiauser » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:00 pm

DaRascal wrote:
sublime wrote:
Sunken cost fallacy bro.

And a BA degree isn't what it once was, especially if it was a SS degree.



Ugh gross. Well here's my new plan. I've been taking everyone's advice into consideration over the past few months and I've come up with a good plan. Law still interests me and I don't have an interest in a particular trade so I'll:
1) Work this supermarket job for a good month and try to keep applying to real jobs that pay at least $30k and pray to the good Lord that I can finally get something.
2) Have to see if I can get that charge dropped at the end of the month.
3) I really need to get my own place by May. My home isn't conducive to success. It's such an empty and depressing place and I hate not being independent.
4) Gotta spend the next four months studying in my spare time and retake that exam that everyone on here stresses over.
5) Then if I can do all that successfully, I can reapply on day 1 this fall.

I don't know, does it make sense? It really seems like the only thing I can do. There's not a lot out there for me.


Why don't you get a paralegal certificate or a legal assistant job?

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby Otunga » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:12 pm

californiauser wrote:
DaRascal wrote:
sublime wrote:
Sunken cost fallacy bro.

And a BA degree isn't what it once was, especially if it was a SS degree.



Ugh gross. Well here's my new plan. I've been taking everyone's advice into consideration over the past few months and I've come up with a good plan. Law still interests me and I don't have an interest in a particular trade so I'll:
1) Work this supermarket job for a good month and try to keep applying to real jobs that pay at least $30k and pray to the good Lord that I can finally get something.
2) Have to see if I can get that charge dropped at the end of the month.
3) I really need to get my own place by May. My home isn't conducive to success. It's such an empty and depressing place and I hate not being independent.
4) Gotta spend the next four months studying in my spare time and retake that exam that everyone on here stresses over.
5) Then if I can do all that successfully, I can reapply on day 1 this fall.

I don't know, does it make sense? It really seems like the only thing I can do. There's not a lot out there for me.


Why don't you get a paralegal certificate or a legal assistant job?


I don't know. At least in my area, the paralegal postings I've clicked require direct experience with the job. Legal assistant is different though it seems.

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4142
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby TheSpanishMain » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:41 pm

Otunga wrote:The Spanish Main's trade school advice should be posted in most 0L threads.


This isn't even a "the legal market is scary, no one should go to law school!" type thing. It's just that I don't think Rascal has the maturity or perspective required at this point. Getting a job and then revisiting law school in four or five years if he's still interested is the best move IMO.

I think he's a complete spaz, but probably basically a decent guy, so I don't want him to cripple himself with 200k in debt that he has a low chance of being able to pay off.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby DaRascal » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:50 pm

.
Last edited by DaRascal on Mon May 05, 2014 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby DaRascal » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:51 pm

.
Last edited by DaRascal on Mon May 05, 2014 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Notre Dame

Postby Mojosodope » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:57 pm

how many cycles do you think you'll continue to troll?

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4142
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby TheSpanishMain » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:45 am

DaRascal wrote:Oh I did apply for legal assistant positions but they never called me back. These guys are haters. :P


This is a big part of why I don't think you should go to law school, at least anytime soon. Based on your post history/stories, you are clearly awful at job interviews, and something about your personality* is extremely off-putting. I think you'd underperform even if you ended up at a good school.

*It may be the crazy swings between wild optimism and complete despair, it may be the "woe is me nothing is my fault" thing, it may just be Sonic the hedgehog tar, but regardless, something rubs people the wrong way.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby yossarian » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:00 am

TheSpanishMain wrote:
DaRascal wrote:Oh I did apply for legal assistant positions but they never called me back. These guys are haters. :P


This is a big part of why I don't think you should go to law school, at least anytime soon. Based on your post history/stories, you are clearly awful at job interviews, and something about your personality* is extremely off-putting. I think you'd underperform even if you ended up at a good school.

*It may be the crazy swings between wild optimism and complete despair, it may be the "woe is me nothing is my fault" thing, it may just be Sonic the hedgehog tar, but regardless, something rubs people the wrong way.


What's great about all the shit you say is imagining this advice coming from Rafi.

(Note: By shit I don't mean to imply that it's bad. Thanks for keeping people grounded.)

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby Otunga » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:07 am

yossarian71 wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:
DaRascal wrote:Oh I did apply for legal assistant positions but they never called me back. These guys are haters. :P


This is a big part of why I don't think you should go to law school, at least anytime soon. Based on your post history/stories, you are clearly awful at job interviews, and something about your personality* is extremely off-putting. I think you'd underperform even if you ended up at a good school.

*It may be the crazy swings between wild optimism and complete despair, it may be the "woe is me nothing is my fault" thing, it may just be Sonic the hedgehog tar, but regardless, something rubs people the wrong way.


What's great about all the shit you say is imagining this advice coming from Rafi.

(Note: By shit I don't mean to imply that it's bad. Thanks for keeping people grounded.)


Yeah. It's helpful stuff. It's funny though that, now you mention reading it in Rafi's voice, it makes even the sternest of advice hilarious to read.

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4142
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby TheSpanishMain » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:13 am

"Don't say Dirty Rand-"
"DIRTY RANDY. Just don't be alone when he comes over. He preys upon the weak. By the way, you're out of toilet paper."

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby DaRascal » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:28 am

.
Last edited by DaRascal on Mon May 05, 2014 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby yossarian » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:30 am

DaRascal wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:
DaRascal wrote:Oh I did apply for legal assistant positions but they never called me back. These guys are haters. :P

I think you'd underperform even if you ended up at a good school.


Haha that would really suck. I can't do anything but laugh off everything that happens to me and drain a lot of beers. I swear, it seems like at every turn in life people will look for any reason at all to keep a good rascal down. Chugachugchugchugchug


I'm assuming you just use this on TLS, but I feel like now would be a good time to point out that rascal is not a good pseudonym when charges are pending.

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4142
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby TheSpanishMain » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:33 am

DaRascal wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:
DaRascal wrote:Oh I did apply for legal assistant positions but they never called me back. These guys are haters. :P

I think you'd underperform even if you ended up at a good school.


Haha that would really suck. I can't do anything but laugh off everything that happens to me and drain a lot of beers. I swear, it seems like at every turn in life people will look for any reason at all to keep a good rascal down. Chugachugchugchugchug


Ok, I'm now in the troll camp. No one is this oblivious.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby DaRascal » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:34 am

.
Last edited by DaRascal on Mon May 05, 2014 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby yossarian » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:36 am

DaRascal wrote:LMAO! Great looks like I'll be getting a harsher punishment than I would otherwise now that judge knows I'm "DaRascal" and thus a real threat to society.


Man, I'm just glad there's at least 4 Heinekens in the fridge. I'm drinking at least two and going to work. First day on the job. Later, guys! :P


He may be a troll, but he's a great troll.

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby Otunga » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:43 am

Now he knows we know and he's making it more blatant. :o

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4142
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Notre Dame

Postby TheSpanishMain » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:44 am

yossarian71 wrote:
DaRascal wrote:LMAO! Great looks like I'll be getting a harsher punishment than I would otherwise now that judge knows I'm "DaRascal" and thus a real threat to society.


Man, I'm just glad there's at least 4 Heinekens in the fridge. I'm drinking at least two and going to work. First day on the job. Later, guys! :P


He may be a troll, but he's a great troll.


The trolling is so beautiful...they should have sent a poet...

(I think elements of his story are bullshit, but I think he probably really is a super annoying manchild working at a grocery store IRL. I'm guessing he also refers to himself as a rascal when trying to find new ladies to stalk.)




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], mm2368 and 7 guests