Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jmcdaniel15
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:25 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby jmcdaniel15 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:05 am

@SpanishMain I looked at your profile and see all those law schools you got accepted/waitlisted for and you're saying Harvard isn't worth getting out of bed for?

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby TheSpanishMain » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:07 am

jmcdaniel15 wrote:@SpanishMain I looked at your profile and see all those law schools you got accepted/waitlisted for and you're saying Harvard isn't worth getting out of bed for?


I was joking. Harvard is very much worth getting out of bed for. I also never claimed I could get in to Harvard. Where are you getting that?

User avatar
Balthy
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby Balthy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:23 am

TheSpanishMain wrote:
jmcdaniel15 wrote:@SpanishMain I looked at your profile and see all those law schools you got accepted/waitlisted for and you're saying Harvard isn't worth getting out of bed for?


I was joking.


Im LOLing so hard. I like to assume not a troll bc it helps with the lulz.

jmcdaniel15
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:25 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby jmcdaniel15 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:24 am

Oh by the way believe it or not I actually got a chance to speak to an attorney I our city legal district. He didn't went to Harvard, but another reputable law school (Northwestern) and former jag (Air Force). We talked awhile back and one thing he told me was no matter how good your grades might get, the best GPA you have, and the best LSAT score you have law school isn't worth a mountain of debt. All I'm saying is in the next couple of years even if I might have the greatest application in the world I wouldn't be able to afford a school like Harvard anyways.

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby Pneumonia » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:36 am

manu6926 wrote:2.0? I guess you can pull it up to a 3.5. But even then, even with a 180 LSAT, you will have no chance.


This is not true

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby TheSpanishMain » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:41 am

jmcdaniel15 wrote:Oh by the way believe it or not I actually got a chance to speak to an attorney I our city legal district. He didn't went to Harvard, but another reputable law school (Northwestern) and former jag (Air Force).


Well, if he didn't went to Harvard, why bother talking to him?

Balthy wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:
jmcdaniel15 wrote:@SpanishMain I looked at your profile and see all those law schools you got accepted/waitlisted for and you're saying Harvard isn't worth getting out of bed for?


I was joking.


Im LOLing so hard. I like to assume not a troll bc it helps with the lulz.


Me too.

Pneumonia wrote:
manu6926 wrote:2.0? I guess you can pull it up to a 3.5. But even then, even with a 180 LSAT, you will have no chance.


This is not true


It's not true in theory, but it's also sort of irrelevant. Look at the way OP writes and tell me he's got a 180 rattling around up there.

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby Pneumonia » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:49 am

Yeah agreed OP isn't exactly demonstrating a lot of intelligence in this case, but you know posterity and whatever.

User avatar
downinDtown
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby downinDtown » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:20 am

jmcdaniel15 wrote:@TheSpanishMain Dude I don't write poorly. I happend to be good at reading and writing. I'll admit I'm not that damn good, but atleast I know what to do and not to do on an essay or any other paper.

Says he doesn't write poorly; makes multiple spelling and grammar errors. Harvard or bust!

Total Litigator
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby Total Litigator » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:44 am

He didn't went to Harvard.

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby Nucky » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:44 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:Look at the way OP writes and tell me he's got a 180 rattling around up there.


:lol:

User avatar
Iroh
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby Iroh » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:01 pm

OP seems like one of the chosen few who will get rejected on the basis of his LSAT writing sample.

User avatar
SFrost
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:32 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby SFrost » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:22 pm

jmcdaniel15 wrote:Oh by the way believe it or not I actually got a chance to speak to an attorney I our city legal district. He didn't went to Harvard, but another reputable law school (Northwestern) and former jag (Air Force). We talked awhile back and one thing he told me was no matter how good your grades might get, the best GPA you have, and the best LSAT score you have law school isn't worth a mountain of debt. All I'm saying is in the next couple of years even if I might have the greatest application in the world I wouldn't be able to afford a school like Harvard anyways.



Wow, a real life attorney actually talked to you?

I don't believe it. :roll:


Also, depending on how 'good your grades might get', it is very possible to go to a top school for nearly free. Pull a 3.9/180, learn how to write well, and you might get a full ride to Columbia. A 2.0 at a junior college is a good indicator that you'll end up in retail, though. Truth hurts.

User avatar
McAvoy
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby McAvoy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:53 pm

Clearly wrote:Image

User avatar
transferror
Posts: 816
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:42 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby transferror » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:58 pm

^^^ he didn't be so obvious

manu6926
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:05 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby manu6926 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:02 am

...
Last edited by manu6926 on Sun May 25, 2014 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby Pneumonia » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:03 am

manu6926 wrote:
Pneumonia wrote:
manu6926 wrote:2.0? I guess you can pull it up to a 3.5. But even then, even with a 180 LSAT, you will have no chance.


This is not true


Wishful thinking. Well yeah, ~30% is still a chance if you guys like it that way.


This cycle has been pretty good to similar numbers at HLS

jmcdaniel15
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:25 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby jmcdaniel15 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:57 am

This might be my last post on this thread, but ever since my last post I've been focusing more on my academics. I've finished freshman year with a 3.17 which means I had 3 A's and one B believe it or not I don't care anymore and and if you're wondering what class I got a B it's English 102, but I know I still might get flamed for that. Anyways I know most people on here will still what they're gonna say, but this is just an update.

User avatar
unodostres
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby unodostres » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:16 pm

K

User avatar
whitespider
Posts: 589
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:37 am

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby whitespider » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:26 am

I can't thank the Op enough for necroing this.

So many lulz.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:57 am

Sometimes the ignorance and stupidity of certain individuals, combined with delusions of grandeur, really infuriate me. I'm laughing but I'm also angry. People like OP are the reason why democracy sucks ass.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby xylocarp » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:08 am

jmcdaniel15 wrote:This might be my last post on this thread, but ever since my last post I've been focusing more on my academics. I've finished freshman year with a 3.17 which means I had 3 A's and one B believe it or not I don't care anymore and and if you're wondering what class I got a B it's English 102, but I know I still might get flamed for that. Anyways I know most people on here will still what they're gonna say, but this is just an update.

no don't make it your last post! please keep updating us as you go through college/eventually law school admissions. I want to know if you get into harvard at the end

User avatar
MistakenGenius
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:18 pm

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:11 am

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby TheSpanishMain » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:27 am

Great job, buddy! Go hog wild!

(Seriously, all law school stuff aside, good job on bringing your grades up if you're real.)
Last edited by TheSpanishMain on Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gregjames
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:54 am

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby Gregjames » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:43 am

TheSpanishMain wrote:To a certain extent, yeah. One bad semester wouldn't preclude you getting in, provided you have an LSAT in the top 1% of test takers and crush every semester from here on out, ending up with a 3.8+ undergraduate GPA.

The fact that you were failing remedial classes in community college and write so poorly doesn't bode well, but, yeah, it's theoretically possible. Not trying to be an asshole, just giving you an honest assessment. I don't think Harvard Law/Marine Corps JAG is in the cards here.

u don't need to try,,,u have a natural gift at it!

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby TheSpanishMain » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:13 pm

Gregjames wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:To a certain extent, yeah. One bad semester wouldn't preclude you getting in, provided you have an LSAT in the top 1% of test takers and crush every semester from here on out, ending up with a 3.8+ undergraduate GPA.

The fact that you were failing remedial classes in community college and write so poorly doesn't bode well, but, yeah, it's theoretically possible. Not trying to be an asshole, just giving you an honest assessment. I don't think Harvard Law/Marine Corps JAG is in the cards here.

u don't need to try,,,u have a natural gift at it!


But what does Great Dave think? http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=234883&start=25#p7974609




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: galeatus, Google Adsense [Bot], hdivschool and 6 guests