Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
TheSpanishMain

Re: Chance of getting into Harvard law?

Postby TheSpanishMain » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:24 pm

jmcdaniel15 wrote:@TheSpanishMain Dude I don't write poorly. I happend to be good at reading and writing. I'll admit I'm not that damn good, but atleast I know what to do and not to do on an essay or any other paper.

Sorry to have to tell you this, but you write poorly. It's very apparent. Doesn't make you a bad person or anything, but it does mean you may want to explore other options.

sublime

Postby sublime » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:27 pm

drevo

Postby drevo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:29 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:
jmcdaniel15 wrote:@TheSpanishMain Dude I don't write poorly. I happend to be good at reading and writing. I'll admit I'm not that damn good, but atleast I know what to do and not to do on an essay or any other paper.

Sorry to have to tell you this, but you write poorly. It's very apparent. Doesn't make you a bad person or anything, but it does mean you may want to explore other options.

This has to be a flame, no? I understand typing fast in a forum and not having perfect grammar or spelling. But when you are defending your writing abilities one would think you would check your response.

Cicero76

Postby Cicero76 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:31 pm

sublime wrote:
Cicero76 wrote:Just in case somebody doesn't get it and takes some troll seriously, let's be clear:

There is no such thing as 'holistic' law admissions, except in a few extreme cases.

Numbers are a sine qua non.

Could you translate this to english for your prolish, non-yale bros, like myself? :lol:

Also, outside of extreme cases it is typically not holistic and a 2.0 semester in CC does not bode well for your admissions chances to Harvard, OP

Lol. As in, other stuff can matter, but not unless you have the numbers first. They're a baseline.

EDIT: sine qua non means "that without which". It's that thing without which nothing else matters.

TheSpanishMain

Postby TheSpanishMain » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:31 pm

Yeah, maybe. I'm just sending good karma into the cosmos on the assumption he's real and just misguided

jmcdaniel15

Postby jmcdaniel15 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:41 pm

You know what maybe it's best for me to contact someone from harvard instead of asking random people on this forum. At least I'll be better off by asking them.

patogordo

Postby patogordo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:42 pm

jmcdaniel15 wrote:You know what maybe it's best for me to contact someone from harvard instead of asking random people on this forum. At least I'll be better off by asking them.

how do you know we don't go to harvard?

jmcdaniel15

Postby jmcdaniel15 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:45 pm

idk do you or anyone else?

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:15 pm

jmcdaniel15 wrote:idk do you or anyone else?

lol.

Dude. You're a freshman in college, you just hit a 2.0, have literally JUST started your second semester, and you got on TLS to try to get a bunch of people who have graduated and are either in law school are are in the process of applying (and have therefore had to face the reality of LS admissions) make you feel good about getting into one of the most selective schools in the country?

I mean even if you aren't a troll, shake yourself awake or kick yourself in the head or something. If you got a 2.0 last semester, the last thing you need to be thinking about is getting into HLS five years from now. Why don't you read ahead for next week's assignments in all of your classes to make sure you are getting A's from this moment forward instead of spending even a second of your time on this forum?

BVest

Postby BVest » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 pm

Nova wrote:your chance is less than 1%

good luck!

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:20 pm

lawschool22

Postby lawschool22 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:44 am

This has to be a flame.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:31 am

Clearly wrote:Image

this made me lol.

TheSpanishMain

Postby TheSpanishMain » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:21 am

jmcdaniel15 wrote:You know what maybe it's best for me to contact someone from harvard instead of asking random people on this forum. At least I'll be better off by asking them.

On the off chance this isn't a flame and OP is still reading...

What, exactly, are you going to ask Harvard and what do you expect them to tell you? "Hi, Harvard? Yeah, I'm 18 and had a bad semester of community college, is it still possible for me to be admitted in four years?" "Um, sure, it's possible. Just concentrate on getting good grades and apply and see what happens." (click) "What the hell was that about?"

You're just going to get a vague, general, "go ahead and apply, we're very holistic, blah blah" answer. Law schools LOVE to have people apply that they know they're going to reject, because it boosts their selectivity. Calling Harvard is going to give you zero insight/information.

jmcdaniel15

Postby jmcdaniel15 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:07 am

By the way I called Harvard and the program I talked about getting into doesn't even garuntee that your gonna get your LLM from Cambridge anyway due to the fact that they only select 6 people every 2L. So I'm not gonna waste my time on something like that. Thank you all for the replies though I really appreciate them.

lawschool22

Postby lawschool22 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:09 am

Flame.

englandco

Postby englandco » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:47 pm

I "garuntee" that HLS will not take you.

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:56 pm

englandco wrote:I "garuntee" that HLS will not take you.

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:07 pm

jmcdaniel15 wrote:By the way I called Harvard and the program I talked about getting into doesn't even garuntee that your gonna get your LLM from Cambridge anyway due to the fact that they only select 6 people every 2L. So I'm not gonna waste my time on something like that. Thank you all for the replies though I really appreciate them.

Dude, I totally agree. If you're not going to get an LLM from Cambridge, what's the point in a JD from HLS? It's such a TTTT.

Also:

:lol:

TheSpanishMain

Postby TheSpanishMain » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:25 am

midwest17 wrote:
jmcdaniel15 wrote:By the way I called Harvard and the program I talked about getting into doesn't even garuntee that your gonna get your LLM from Cambridge anyway due to the fact that they only select 6 people every 2L. So I'm not gonna waste my time on something like that. Thank you all for the replies though I really appreciate them.

Dude, I totally agree. If you're not going to get an LLM from Cambridge, what's the point in a JD from HLS? It's such a TTTT.

This killed me. A JD from Harvard? Feh! Not worth getting out of bed for.

HarvardHopeful93

Postby HarvardHopeful93 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:13 pm

OP, if you want to PM me with Q's we can chat about this more. But I am/was basically in the same situation. I started off my first semester of college with a 2.25 GPA. Pretty bad. It wasn't until midway through 2nd semester of Freshman year that I decided to get serious about school and decided to go to law school. I've been lights out ever since, averaging 3 A+'s a semester and at least a 4.0 LSAC GPA per semester. As a second semester junior now, I still have a year to go, but I have raised my cumulative LSAC GPA from that initial 2.25 to 3.52, and I'm on track for a 3.8+ if all continues to go well.

It has NOT been easy. But with commitment and dedication, it can be done. You just have to work your ass off and focus on the dream. Good luck!

jmcdaniel15

Postby jmcdaniel15 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:35 pm

@SpanishMain It's funny how you say a JD from Harvard isn't worth getting out of be for, but yet you act like you can get into that school if you apply for it.

manu6926

Postby manu6926 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:43 pm

Last edited by manu6926 on Sun May 25, 2014 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

radikal_eyes

Postby radikal_eyes » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:52 pm

zhenders wrote:I mean even if you aren't a troll, shake yourself awake or kick yourself in the head or something. If you got a 2.0 last semester, the last thing you need to be thinking about is getting into HLS five years from now. Why don't you read ahead for next week's assignments in all of your classes to make sure you are getting A's from this moment forward instead of spending even a second of your time on this forum?

+1

TheSpanishMain

Postby TheSpanishMain » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:27 am

jmcdaniel15 wrote:@SpanishMain It's funny how you say a JD from Harvard isn't worth getting out of be for, but yet you act like you can get into that school if you apply for it.

What are you trying to say? I've read this sentence three times and I'm still confused.

Return to “What are my chances?”