LGBT AA Female 159/ 3.092 Advice Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Where Should I ED

Georgetown
11%
UVA
11%
Nowhere
78%

Total votes: 9

lawschool32324

New

LGBT AA Female 159/ 3.092 Advice

Post by lawschool32324 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:32 pm

I submitted all of my applications two days ago. I applied to Georgetown ED. Is this a poor decision? Should I have instead tried for UVA ED? Or would it be better not to submit an ED application anywhere? My goal is to at least land somewhere in the t20.I want big law in DC, but I'd settle on NYC or Boston.
(Sorry I know I posted on two forums. I found this one to be more appropriate after the fact.)

phillywc

Gold

Re: LGBT AA Female 159/ 3.092 Advice

Post by phillywc » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:58 pm

So you have a shot at Gtown with the ED. I'm not sure its the best decision for you. Georgetown does alright for biglaw, but maybe not well enough to justify sticker price. UVA is probably out even with ED, but they are acting funky.

The way I see it, you have 3 choices.

1.) Switch your ED app to UVA, acknowledging there is a low likelihood of success
2.) Apply to strong regional schools where you want to practice and go only with big money (GWU should give you money, Howard should give you a lot of money, both do very well in big law for their rankings and you would have less debt)
3.) Retake the LSAT. There is a forum on this site dedicate to getting better at the LSAT... you are just a few points away from a score that could get you into some elite schools! 165/3.3 AAs have gotten Columbia, just as an example. If you could just get a few more questions right, you could either get money at Georgetown, or a great acceptance.

I'd go with 3, but I think all 3 are valid options. I probably wouldn't ED to Georgetown. Good luck :)

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Re: LGBT AA Female 159/ 3.092 Advice

Post by TheSpanishMain » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Another vote for retake the LSAT.

Return to “What are my chances?”