3.33, 172 for Cornell and Berkeley No Fee Waiver

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
koval

3.33, 172 for Cornell and Berkeley No Fee Waiver

Postby koval » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:34 pm

Neither school gave me a fee waiver. Looking at either Chicago or NY with maybe SF/LA.

LSP says strong consider for Cornell and weak for Berkeley. Applied to all T14s from Penn down due to waived fees. Should I pay the fees or hold out for seeing if I get into some of the other schools?

Ramius

Re: 3.33, 172 for Cornell and Berkeley No Fee Waiver

Postby Ramius » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:39 pm

Did you try requesting a fee waiver from Cornell? They might not give it to you, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

As for chances, you're looking pretty solid on mylsn for Cornell and pretty unlikely for Berk. Berk likes high LSAT/GPA combos, high GPAs and unique stories in that order. They are arguably the biggest black box for admissions, but your GPA is probably too low without a great story to go with your numbers. If you really want NY, Cornell is definitely worth the app, and if you want LA, it wouldn't HURT (minus the cost of applying) to throw an application to Berkeley, who places arguably the best in LA outside of HYS.

koval

Postby koval » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:57 pm

matthewsean85 wrote:Did you try requesting a fee waiver from Cornell? They might not give it to you, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

As for chances, you're looking pretty solid on mylsn for Cornell and pretty unlikely for Berk. Berk likes high LSAT/GPA combos, high GPAs and unique stories in that order. They are arguably the biggest black box for admissions, but your GPA is probably too low without a great story to go with your numbers. If you really want NY, Cornell is definitely worth the app, and if you want LA, it wouldn't HURT (minus the cost of applying) to throw an application to Berkeley, who places arguably the best in LA outside of HYS.

Cool, yeah you're right I might just bite the bullet with Cornell and maybe Berkeley. Thoughts on NYU or Columbia. Didn't apply because of the denies on LSP but thought I might throw it out in the TLS universe.

Also how does UCLA place, got a fee waiver but the LST numbers are holding me back a bit?

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:15 am

Don't use LSP it's worthless

You have a far better shot at CLS and NYU than at Berk

koval

Postby koval » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:26 pm

Crowing wrote:Don't use LSP it's worthless

I was reading another post and some guy said NYU is possibly dropping it's standards for LSATs, is there a consensus on this?

NYU and CLS worth the application fee for NY market or should I just stay with Cornell?

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:35 pm

dcruss wrote:
Crowing wrote:Don't use LSP it's worthless

I was reading another post and some guy said NYU is possibly dropping it's standards for LSATs, is there a consensus on this?

NYU and CLS worth the application fee for NY market or should I just stay with Cornell?

Absolutely. Play around on http://mylsn.info/r/pre-law/admissions/search/

E.g.

Return to “What are my chances?”