165/3.4 Army Officer Vet

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
mcmenary

165/3.4 Army Officer Vet

Postby mcmenary » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:32 pm

Retaking in February but applied to UGA(instate)/BU/BC/GW/WUSTL/Fordham/Northwestern/Notre Dame/University of Washington
Pretty strong file with deployment and unique personal statement.

Any shot at these schools? Hoping for a WL and a significant increase in my LSAT.

BigZuck

Re: 165/3.4 Army Officer Vet

Postby BigZuck » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:17 am

You might do a little better than your stats indicate on http://www.mylsn.info but probably not a whole lot. None of those schools are worth taking out a large amount of debt for other than Northwestern. I probably wouldn't go to law school until you bring the LSAT up if I were in your shoes, unless military benefits make the school cheap, it places well in an area you have ties to, and you're not looking for big law.

TheSpanishMain

Postby TheSpanishMain » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:41 am

Army officer vet here as well, with a very similar GPA. My cycle thus far is in my profile. So far I've outperformed my numbers. If you can add just a few point to your LSAT, it would be very much worth it. Do you have the post 9/11?

mcmenary

Postby mcmenary » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:54 pm

Probably won't get post 9/11, it's actually kind of murky whether I'll get it or not because I had a break in service, reserve time, active duty time, w/ ROTC scholarship, but I'm waiting for a call back from VA. I have a pretty healthy deployment savings that I'd rather not just throw away if a few points can get me some merit money.

It all comes down to February, man I don't want to go back to hermit mode.

Kevinlomax

Postby Kevinlomax » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:44 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:Army officer vet here as well, with a very similar GPA. My cycle thus far is in my profile. So far I've outperformed my numbers. If you can add just a few point to your LSAT, it would be very much worth it. Do you have the post 9/11?

I do not see your GPA in your profile

What was your LSDAS GPA and undergraduate institution?

TheSpanishMain

Postby TheSpanishMain » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:46 pm

Kevinlomax wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:Army officer vet here as well, with a very similar GPA. My cycle thus far is in my profile. So far I've outperformed my numbers. If you can add just a few point to your LSAT, it would be very much worth it. Do you have the post 9/11?

Yeah, I left it out so I'm not TOO obvious about who I am, between my vet status, LSAT, and school list. It's very close to OPs, though. I went to undergrad at a Big 10 university.

Kevinlomax

Postby Kevinlomax » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:06 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:
Kevinlomax wrote:

Yeah, I left it out so I'm not TOO obvious about who I am, between my vet status, LSAT, and school list. It's very close to OPs, though. I went to undergrad at a Big 10 university.

deleted

TheSpanishMain

Postby TheSpanishMain » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Kevinlomax wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:
Kevinlomax wrote:

deleted

Didn't see this before you deleted it, but feel free to PM me if you want

Return to “What are my chances?”