3.8, 172 LSAT + Extra

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

3.8, 172 LSAT + Extra

Postby McCosh » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:51 am

I checked the calculators, but I have certain extra aspects I think might affect my chance.

My Credentials:
3.8 GPA Tufts Comp Sci/ Economics Double Major
172 LSAT
Eagle Scout
FBI, Senatorial, and Princeton University Internships

What are my chances at:
Georgetown, GW, Harvard, Yale, UVA, and Northwestern (Mom was undergrad at Northwestern).

And would stating I want to be in the FBI for my reason for application help or hinder my chances (JD is one of the choices for a requirement of employment)?

I know nobody can give me a concrete answer, but I would much appreciate any estimations that are given to me.

Re: 3.8, 172 LSAT + Extra

Postby ScottRiqui » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:07 am

I don't see anything that would make you significantly over- or under-perform your numbers, so here's a prediction from mylsn.info:

Lack of post-undergrad work experience might hurt you at Northwestern (they like that kind of stuff), but you're at/above both of their 75th percentiles, so I don't think it will matter.

As far as the FBI goes, if it's your reason for choosing a law degree, you should be addressing it in your personal statement. Otherwise, the "why law" aspect of your PS might be thin/unconvincing.

Good luck on your cycle - it looks like you'll have your pick of great choices!

Re: 3.8, 172 LSAT + Extra

Postby phillywc » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:09 am

Agree with Scott, but you have to be careful your PS doesn't say "I need some form of graduate degree to do this, law seems slightly more interesting". It isn't a traditional law career, so if you address it in a flippant manner I believe it could actually hurt you. If it is focused and smart, it might even help.

Return to “What are my chances?”