3.95/170 Chances?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
taks7

3.95/170 Chances?

Postby taks7 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi everyone!

I am currently a junior in undergrad with a GPA of 3.95. Hoping to push that up to a 3.97/3.98, if possible. My softs are pretty standard, nothing special.

I took the LSAT for the first time in December and scored a 170. My practice average going into the test was a 172, so I'm contemplating retaking.

However, with my stats as they are, I was wondering what my chances are like at the following schools:

Harvard
Yale (pretty sure I don't have a chance here)
Stanford (same as above)
Columbia
NYU
UPenn
Duke
Berkeley
Georgetown
UCLA

Also, I'm not entirely sure how merit aid works. Any idea of whether I can expect significant money from some of these schools?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Philafaler

Re: 3.95/170 Chances?

Postby Philafaler » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:05 pm

Decent shot at HYS, more H than the other two. Everywhere else you have a pretty good shot with that GPA/LSAT. You can probably negotiate merit aid from the lower T14 and maybe a little from CCN. Congrats on the score.

Look at myLSN.info to see what a retake could do for you. A couple more points and you've got H on lock and possibly big $$$ at CCN.

taks7

Re: 3.95/170 Chances?

Postby taks7 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:13 pm

Philafaler wrote:Decent shot at HYS, more H than the other two. Everywhere else you have a pretty good shot with that GPA/LSAT. You can probably negotiate merit aid from the lower T14 and maybe a little from CCN. Congrats on the score.

Look at myLSN.info to see what a retake could do for you. A couple more points and you've got H on lock and possibly big $$$ at CCN.

Thanks for the tip!

Return to “What are my chances?”