December results in. What are my chances/best options?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
wgchawk20

December results in. What are my chances/best options?

Postby wgchawk20 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:39 pm

First, I would like to thank TLS for being a wonderful resource for me as I've gone through undergrad and prepared for the LSAT. I've consulted this board thousands of times, and each time I've found exactly what I was looking for because of the generous advice of the users. I would not be in the position I am today without the help of this forum. This is my first ever post, and I'm grateful to anyone who takes the time to consider my position and offer me advice.

I have already played around extensively with mylsn and researched what my numbers mean and where they put me. But there's nothing like advice from humans, and I would just like to get your guys' thoughts. I am not applying this cycle.

I just got my December results back yesterday, and I'm fairly happy with a 167. I prepped pretty hard for the test and honestly don't know if I could do much better on a retake (yes, I know that 90% of you will probably tell me to retake). In May I'll have a degree in economics with around a 3.7-3.75.

Throughout undergrad I've had numerous internships, and my letters will be very solid. I also feel like I have a compelling personal statement about growing up with two special needs siblings and overcoming the challenges of being their primary caretaker to support my family.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my target schools right now are Iowa, Minnesota, Emory, and Notre Dame since I feel like I'll be able to get some money or even a full scholarship from these schools. My reaches are Vandy and UCLA, and I'm hoping that maybe Georgetown will bite. My dream has always been to go to Northwestern, so I'm planning on throwing in an ED to NU unless that's not even worth it.

Again, I realize that most of you will recommend a retake, which is a very likely possibility for me. But with my numbers as they stand right now, what are your thoughts? Thanks! :)

logical seasoning

Re: December results in. What are my chances/best options?

Postby logical seasoning » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:31 pm

I have almost identical numbers to you (+.01 on GPA) and was in a very similar situation to you upon getting my 167.

I am submitted my apps in mid Nov. and am in at UMich, Vandy, USC, Wash U, and waitlisted at UVA

here is my LSN profile: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/logical%20seasoning

PM me if you have any questions. I do have a unusual soft/life story tho...

Return to “What are my chances?”