169 LSAT 3.18 GPA = What to do?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
sl48823

169 LSAT 3.18 GPA = What to do?

Postby sl48823 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:47 am

So yeah, 169 LSAT and 3.18 GPA are the numbers. I graduated with a philosophy degree from the Honors College at Michigan State a few years back, for what it's worth. I'm also Hispanic (but not URM probably, I'm Spanish rather than Mexican or Puerto Rican).

I want to know a couple of things: 1) what are my odds of getting into a T14 school, and 2) what is the likelihood that I can become an LSAT tutor with this score?

I'm also considering retaking the test. I only studied for a few weeks before the LSAT, and I also had some nausea on test day (not due to nervousness or anything, just bad luck). All that being said I think I could do much better if I studied for a solid two months prior, but is it worth it for me to do so? Still not sure if I want to go to law school, but at least being able to tutor the LSAT would be nice if I could swing it.

Thanks in advance for any and all help you guys can give me!

drevo

Re: 169 LSAT 3.18 GPA = What to do?

Postby drevo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:33 am

sl48823 wrote:All that being said I think I could do much better if I studied for a solid two months prior, but is it worth it for me to do so?

Yes. Very much so, especially since you aren't one of the ones here saying "I must apply this cycle." A few points can work wonders for the lower GPA. I know myLSN doesn't have all too much data for splitters but even so it has enough to show the big difference in a 169 vs. a 172+ at places like NU.

Also I doubt that score can make you an LSAT tutor. I know BP requires 99th percentile scores for their instructors. If I were a student or a student's parents dropping a lot of money on LSAT prep I would not pay someone with a 169. Not trying to be mean at all just want to tell you my opinion (in fact my instructor in a course got a 172 and even that threw me off, I was expecting only 175+).

sl48823

Re: 169 LSAT 3.18 GPA = What to do?

Postby sl48823 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:44 pm

Thanks for the input! I think a retake is probably what I'll do, but I would also be curious to hear what other people have to say about it.

Return to “What are my chances?”