160 on first try, 156 on 2nd...now what?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
pauly_biegler

160 on first try, 156 on 2nd...now what?

Postby pauly_biegler » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:11 pm

TLS, am I toast?

3.9 LSAC GPA, coupled with 2 lsat scores: a 160 on October and a 156 on December.

So, how do my prospects look at some schools I was interested in- namely Notre Dame, Emory, BC, GWU and my safety school, University at Buffalo.

Will I even get in at the first four I named? How do I explain the score drop? Will the cost of attendance (assuming it'll be sticker with that LSAT score) even be worth it for the first 4?

Or am I resigned to attending UB if I still want to go to law school? Please help, TLS.

pauly_biegler

Re: 160 on first try, 156 on 2nd...now what?

Postby pauly_biegler » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:12 pm

pauly_biegler wrote:TLS, am I toast?

3.9 LSAC GPA, coupled with 2 lsat scores: a 160 on October and a 156 on December.

So, how do my prospects look at some schools I was interested in- namely Notre Dame, Emory, BC, GWU and my safety school, University at Buffalo.

Will I even get in at the first four I named? How do I explain the score drop? Will the cost of attendance (assuming it'll be sticker with that LSAT score) even be worth it for the first 4?

Or am I resigned to attending UB if I still want to go to law school? Please help, TLS.

P.S. - no retake. I don't have the time or luxury, nor do I have the ability to take a year off as I'll be graduating with a Political Science degree which carries basically no job opportunities.

Nova

Postby Nova » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:15 pm

Retaking could benefit you this cycle

Working a low paying job with a liberal arts degree sucks, but it would be worth it if you score notably higher in Feb/June.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:22 pm

pauly_biegler wrote:

P.S. - no retake. I don't have the time or luxury, nor do I have the ability to take a year off as I'll be graduating with a Political Science degree which carries basically no job opportunities.

Do you want no job opportunities for a year or for forever?

pauly_biegler

Postby pauly_biegler » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:43 pm

rebexness wrote:
pauly_biegler wrote:

Do you want no job opportunities for a year or for forever?

A year sounds better than forever, but in reality it's just not feasible for me to take a year off with the degree I'm getting. Working my ass off at a cheaper school would probably be a better option than delaying a year to pay the large amount of money that one of these degrees cost.

Winston1984

Postby Winston1984 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:47 pm

Can you not move home with your parents? You may get into one of the first 4 schools you listed, but you would most certainly be paying sticker.

unodostres

Postby unodostres » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:01 pm

you will not have a job if you apply with that score.

Return to “What are my chances?”