Fall Grade Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
theoutpostmhs

Bronze

Fall Grade

Post by theoutpostmhs » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi guys,

I applied ED to Columbia and was asked to submit fall grades. I got 3 As and one B. Does anyone have any experience with fall grade submission and how a B will affect me at a school like Columbia?

jbagelboy

Diamond

Re: Fall Grade

Post by jbagelboy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:38 pm

theoutpostmhs wrote:Hi guys,

I applied ED to Columbia and was asked to submit fall grades. I got 3 As and one B. Does anyone have any experience with fall grade submission and how a B will affect me at a school like Columbia?
your overall LSAC GPA is all that matters. Add 15 pts to your previous gpa and divide by an additional 4. Since 3.75 is b/t CLS 50% and 75%, it should only have a mild positive impact, if any.

theoutpostmhs

Bronze

Post by theoutpostmhs » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:44 pm

jbagelboy wrote:

your overall LSAC GPA is all that matters. Add 15 pts to your previous gpa and divide by an additional 4. Since 3.75 is b/t CLS 50% and 75%, it should only have a mild positive impact, if any.
Thanks for your response, my previous LSAC gpa was a 3.73. Wth my As, it went up to a 3.76. I'm still waiting for the B to be calculated in, but from my calculations, I think it may drop below my initial 3.73. Sending in a lower gpa won't hurt me?

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:51 pm

theoutpostmhs wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

Thanks for your response, my previous LSAC gpa was a 3.73. Wth my As, it went up to a 3.76. I'm still waiting for the B to be calculated in, but from my calculations, I think it may drop below my initial 3.73. Sending in a lower gpa won't hurt me?
It's not mathematically possible for your 3.73 gpa to decrease from a 3.75 fall semester. You will probably land between 3.73 and 3.74. You're fine, relax. You don't have much of a choice either way.

theoutpostmhs

Bronze

Post by theoutpostmhs » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:20 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
theoutpostmhs wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

It's not mathematically possible for your 3.73 gpa to decrease from a 3.75 fall semester. You will probably land between 3.73 and 3.74. You're fine, relax. You don't have much of a choice either way.
Sorry, I didn't specify. I actually had 2As, an A-, and a B. I was concerned about how the B would look so didn't specify, so I believe my gpa will dip a little. But you're right, can't do anything. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”