Full ride from a Tier 4. Chances they drop their stips?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
FluffMonster

Re: Full ride from a Tier 4. Chances they drop their stips?

Postby FluffMonster » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:05 pm

gullible wrote:AVE MARIA LAW IS ONE OF THE WORST LAW SCHOOLS IN THE COUNTRY.

DEAN A'FIELD IS A THE BIGGEST ASSHOLE ON THE PLANET. FOR A GUY THAT WENT TO COLUMBIA HE GIVES THE SCHOOL A BAD NAME.

THE DEAN OF STUDENTS IS A NON-EDUCATED HICK WHO PROBABLY GOT THE JOB BY SLEEPING WITH THE DEAN, AND SHE WALKS AROUND THINKING SHE HAS POWER. THIS IS DEAN CASTRO.

THE PROFESSORS THAT ARE LEFT ARE PROBABLY THE ONLY GOOD THING LEFT THAT THIS INSTITUTION HAS ASIDE FROM DEAN DOBRANSKI.

THE WORST OF ALL, THE DEAN CHECKS THE GRADES BEFORE THEY ARE POSTED...90% OF THE TIME HE CHANGES THEM.

THERE IS OVER $3MILLLION WORTH OF MATERIAL THAT IS COPYWRIGHTEN THAT AVE HAS NOT PAID FOR.

IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR FUTURE...DO NOT COME HERE.

Naples is my hometown.... This is good gossip.

gullible

re: Ave Maria School of Law

Postby gullible » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:02 pm

One of the worst law schools in the country.

phillywc

Postby phillywc » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:55 pm

I believe these warning posts serve a valuable function to TLS.

Young Marino

Postby Young Marino » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:59 am

phillywc wrote:I believe these warning posts serve a valuable function to TLS.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:22 am

On the other hand, the stips kind of work in your favor because it provides you with incentive to drop out if you don't make the top 30%. Unless you have a guaranteed job coming out of school, failing to be in the top of your class will make it challenging to find decent employment. So, if you need the incentive to cut your losses after the first year, this could help.

TigerDude

Postby TigerDude » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:09 pm

Young Marino wrote: anytime you have a chance to go to law school for free with no strings attached you gotta think about it.

This line of thinking ignores the opportunity cost of spending 3 years not working plus objectively making your resume worse for non-law jobs.

Lwoods1020

Postby Lwoods1020 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:24 pm

nebula666 wrote:Just because something is free doesn't mean it's worth it.

UF/FSU with at least some scholarship or Miami for free are the only options you should consider in Florida.

I wouldn't touch Nova, Stetson, Barry, Coastal, A&M, St. Thomas, Ave Maria or FIU even for free. MAYBE Stetson if you were dead set on a low paying job in Tampa.

A scholarship at UF/FSU requires a 162+ with a median GPA. That isn't hard, OP. You can easily do that with a year off.

EDIT:

Just searched your history. You have a 3.8 and are considering a T4? Jesus christ OP. Retake.

Nah you won't get a scholly from those schools (FSU / UF) with those stats. I didn't.

Agentsoapbox

Postby Agentsoapbox » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:51 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:
arklaw13 wrote:There's no reason not to try.

Not everyone is capable of being the top 1% of test takers. However, I think virtually everyone who graduated from a decent college with a not horrible GPA should be capable of breaking into the 160s with consistent practice.

If your goal is small law or state/local government in Florida, UF or FSU with in-state tuition and a scholarship isn't a bad deal.

Um... actually, It's impossible for everyone to get into the 160's. The LSAT is curved. 80% of people must be below 160. Just like 50% of people will be below 152.

sublime

Postby sublime » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:23 am

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:32 am

Agentsoapbox wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:

Not everyone is capable of being the top 1% of test takers. However, I think virtually everyone who graduated from a decent college with a not horrible GPA should be capable of breaking into the 160s with consistent practice.

If your goal is small law or state/local government in Florida, UF or FSU with in-state tuition and a scholarship isn't a bad deal.

Um... actually, It's impossible for everyone to get into the 160's. The LSAT is curved. 80% of people must be below 160. Just like 50% of people will be below 152.

Come on dude

This is like an LSAT LR question in and of itself

star fox

Postby star fox » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:10 am

Agentsoapbox wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:

But it's a guaranteed fact that not everyone who takes the LSAT is going to have put in extensive hours of practice. Read the "Overhead at the LSAT" thread to get a sense of what some of the people helping to set the curve are like going into the LSAT if you're concerned about rigorous competition.

Really though, don't worry so much about that part to begin with. Focus on cutting down your missed questions per section. The actual score will take care of itself if you can keep pushing yourself to improving on all of the sections.

Return to “What are my chances?”