3.2, 161 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
herewego408

New

3.2, 161

Post by herewego408 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:28 pm

Teach for America, Student Speaker at Commencement, President of Student Government...

Thoughts?

I ED'd Hastings and got in - so now I have until January 15 to decide whether I want to pay the deposit and bind, or lose my Hastings spot and wait to hear back from others (USC, UCLA, Davis, NYU, Berkeley).

Nova

Platinum

Re: 3.2, 161

Post by Nova » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:32 pm

You need to retake the LSAT.

Dont pay sticker to go to Hastings. That's insane.

You have almost no shot at USC/UCLA/Cal/NYU.

If you get into Davis it would be at near sticker which isn't worth it.

californiauser

Silver

Post by californiauser » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:45 pm

herewego408 wrote:Teach for America, Student Speaker at Commencement, President of Student Government...

Thoughts?

I ED'd Hastings and got in - so now I have until January 15 to decide whether I want to pay the deposit and bind, or lose my Hastings spot and wait to hear back from others (USC, UCLA, Davis, NYU, Berkeley).
Do they have a special ED program? I thought ED required you to withdraw all other applications immediately after receiving a decision?
UC Hastings offers an Early Commitment application plan for applicants who are sure that Hastings is their first-choice law school. The Early Commitment Option (ECO) is binding, which means that students admitted through the plan are required to withdraw their applications to other law schools and pay the enrollment deposit at UC Hastings.
Also, retake.

http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=hastings

Hastings is one of the worst schools in the country.

herewego408

New

Post by herewego408 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:52 pm

I thought so too, but sent a clarifying e-mail and this is what I received:
Please know that receiving an ECO offer of Admission does not bind anyone to attend. Only if the ECO admissions offer is accepted by the applicant, and the non-refundable binding $500 enrollment deposit has been paid by Jan 15th, does the applicant make any commitment. You are perfectly free at this time to decline our offer of admission and attend elsewhere. Please also know we do hope you will choose to join us this fall.

Please feel free to contact me at any time if you have more questions.

PepperJack

Silver

Post by PepperJack » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Hastings might be a good school academically, but they struggle to place students in jobs. Being well educated won't necessarily help you create a job for yourself, but it can help make your conversations more vibrant. San Francisco is a very difficult market. You won't get into Berkely or Stanford even with a 180, and it's debatable if MVP would really give you a good shot of getting back to SF. You really need to go back to the drawing board or odds are our tax dollars will pay for a big mistake while you're back home with the rents.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”