Chances at riding Cornell waitlist? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
hos9903

Bronze

Chances at riding Cornell waitlist?

Post by hos9903 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:05 pm

Hey,

Negotiations aside, my cycle is pretty much over at this point...I've been accepted to all of the schools I would consider attending (BC, BU, ND, GW, all with either decent $$ or TBA $$), and I was held until February with GULC. My question is, what are the chances of me riding the waitlist to an acceptance at Cornell? I'm at 3.4/167, and I know that an accept is a long shot. But if it's not too late in the cycle, I'm thinking I may send an app in. But if that is such a long shot that I'd be throwing away the $85, or whatever the fee is, I'd just hold off.

The reason I ask is because I wasn't expecting responses (and $$) from these schools so fast given my GPA, so I'm thinking the drop in applications may work with Cornell too. And I also don't know much about how waitlists work. Thoughts?

let's assume that I would seriously consider Cornell at sticker. Thanks for any advice (and please don't quote...thanks a lot)

gaud

Platinum

Re: Chances at riding Cornell waitlist?

Post by gaud » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:36 pm

Could you take a year off?

Financially, it could be worthwhile to take the year off and retake the LSAT. It may help you snag a sizeable scholarship or admission to a higher ranked school.

theoutpostmhs

Bronze

Post by theoutpostmhs » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:28 pm

If the $85 is not a huge deal to you, I would suggest submitting the app just for the hell of it. You never know with declining apps. That being said, it doesn't look like Cornell has accepted anyone with your numbers in the past few cycles, except for two people this cycle. I'd suggest you retake if you want to land in the T-14. You can also contact Cornell and ask them for a fee waiver and just submit the app. They may give you one. I emailed USC for one and they responded back giving me one even before I had my LSAT score, so it's worth a shot. Good luck and congratulations on the other great schools!

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:39 pm

gaud wrote:Could you take a year off?

Financially, it could be worthwhile to take the year off and retake the LSAT. It may help you snag a sizeable scholarship or admission to a higher ranked school.
Yeah this. Retake. There is no reason at all to keep that 167 when 2 or 3 more points means $$$ at more than one of the lower T14.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”