Sub 3.0/170 Cornell ED?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
splitsss

Sub 3.0/170 Cornell ED?

Postby splitsss » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Hi guys, I have a sub 3.0 GPA and a 170. What do you guys think my chances are at Cornell? Should I ED for round 2?

I've blanketed the T14 and from what I've read so far it seems that UVA, NW and GULC are the only shots I have. My order of preference would be Cornell > NW > GULC > UVA.

Thanks!

jac101689

Re: Sub 3.0/170 Cornell ED?

Postby jac101689 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:47 pm

I'm no expert but I think it would depend on your actual GPA; "sub 3.0" doesn't say much.

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:50 pm

If you'd prefer Cornell to the others and don't mind paying sticker for law school, then yeah, you might as well ED since I don't think you'd have much of a chance RD:

On the other hand, we don't know if you'd get in even with ED because 1) this is the first year Cornell has it and we don't know what they'll do, and 2) Cornell hasn't been splitter friendly in the past.

Whereas if you ED'd at one of UVA or GULC, you might have a much better chance of getting in:

And if you'd prefer GULC to UVA, then GULC would be safer.

Also worth noting that the three people who got into NU after ED'ing were held first; they didn't get the full-ride that ED NU comes with.

splitsss

Postby splitsss » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:42 pm

Lavitz wrote:If you'd prefer Cornell to the others and don't mind paying sticker for law school, then yeah, you might as well ED since I don't think you'd have much of a chance RD:

On the other hand, we don't know if you'd get in even with ED because 1) this is the first year Cornell has it and we don't know what they'll do, and 2) Cornell hasn't been splitter friendly in the past.

Whereas if you ED'd at one of UVA or GULC, you might have a much better chance of getting in:

And if you'd prefer GULC to UVA, then GULC would be safer.

Also worth noting that the three people who got into NU after ED'ing were held first; they didn't get the full-ride that ED NU comes with.

Thanks for the quick reply Lavtiz!

Would you guys suggest not applying ED and just take my chances with RD instead?

Return to “What are my chances?”