Chances/Help

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ksarsour

Chances/Help

Postby ksarsour » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:44 am

Hello everyone,

I'm a senior at the University of Michigan looking for some advice. I will graduate with a degree in History and have a GPA that will be between a 3.52-3.58. I am a transfer student from a small state school and this GPA comes from a rough first year. After the first year, my grades have been mainly A's and A-'s with at least B or B+ per semester mainly coming for prereqs. I have a ton of extra curricular under by belt including working as a program coordinator with a state wide non-profit that focuses on education, starting a non-profit which focuses on closing health disparities, serving on a few community boards that aim to reduce crime and I have interned with a law firm, a state representative and a federal representative over my summers. I'm testing for LSAT right now and it's pretty low, but it keeps getting better the more I practice. What does my LSAT have to look like for me to get into a T-14? I'm gunning for Columbia, Penn or Michigan.

Thanks Everyone!

midwest17

Re: Chances/Help

Postby midwest17 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:11 pm

You're going to be right around Columbia's 25th percentile GPA. You need to be at least at median on LSAT to have a reasonable chance (171), and you probably want a few points above that.

ksarsour

Postby ksarsour » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:17 pm

How much are my extra curricular activities worth in the bigger scheme of things?
Last edited by ksarsour on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jcosma

Postby Jcosma » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:21 pm

ksarsour wrote:How much are my extra curricular activities worth in the bigger scheme on things?

Not much. The schools to which you are applying, I am assuming, have an applicant pools with similar softs. The LSAT will be the determining factor.

Return to “What are my chances?”