3.91 GPA/160 LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
pauly_biegler

3.91 GPA/160 LSAT

Postby pauly_biegler » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:11 pm

Hey everyone, hoping somebody can give me some advice

Retook the LSAT yesterday but might have bombed the LG section (normally my best- went -1 in Oct but still only got a 160) so I'm guessing my score will be no higher than a 163 for December. Of course there's just no way to know.

With my stats, what do I look like for:

Emory
Notre Dame
Boston College
Wash U
Fordham

Thanks in advance.

drevo

Re: 3.91 GPA/160 LSAT

Postby drevo » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:53 pm

People are going to respond with one of two things:

1) direct you to mylsn.info
2) retake to not waste the GPA

If there's any reason why you think mylsn.info wouldn't be accurate for you then let everyone know. Otherwise the data is going to be the most useful resource.

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:56 pm

drevo wrote:People are going to respond with one of two things:

1) direct you to mylsn.info
2) retake to not waste the GPA

If there's any reason why you think mylsn.info wouldn't be accurate for you then let everyone know. Otherwise the data is going to be the most useful resource.

Also,

3) Come back once you have your real score.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:55 pm

Sorry to hear about the disappointing result. If you bombed LG, the clear answer is to sit out the cycle and retake in June. You should probably work on LR too if you went 160 w/ -1 LG before.

With a 163, you would get into all these schools with some scholarship money - 163 will probably be some of their medians, and definitely above their 25ths.

I would aim for 169 where you could get T14 w/ $$.

pauly_biegler

Postby pauly_biegler » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:19 pm

jbagelboy wrote:Sorry to hear about the disappointing result. If you bombed LG, the clear answer is to sit out the cycle and retake in June. You should probably work on LR too if you went 160 w/ -1 LG before.

With a 163, you would get into all these schools with some scholarship money - 163 will probably be some of their medians, and definitely above their 25ths.

I would aim for 169 where you could get T14 w/ $$.

Thanks for the advice- I hope to not have to sit the cycle out (miracles do happen, I suppose). I PT anywhere from a 165-169 normally and October had a disastrous last section of LR- not entirely sure what happened, but it is what it is I suppose.

So, I worked on LR constantly for the last 2 months. Still put time into LG and RC but not nearly as much. On this LR I felt comfortable but something happened during Game 2 or 3 this time that just tripped me up. Never have I had this happen to me before so it was a shock and it took me a few minutes to calm myself down afterwards.

PepperJack

Postby PepperJack » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:45 am

pauly_biegler wrote:Hey everyone, hoping somebody can give me some advice

Retook the LSAT yesterday but might have bombed the LG section (normally my best- went -1 in Oct but still only got a 160) so I'm guessing my score will be no higher than a 163 for December. Of course there's just no way to know.

With my stats, what do I look like for:

Emory
Notre Dame
Boston College
Wash U
Fordham

Thanks in advance.

You might get in with an ED to UVA. You are going to be below the LSAT median for schools ranked 7-30, but above the GPA median. Your LSAT is also not so terrible that schools will consider it operating in bad faith to take your money, and have you compete against a bunch of 170s. Retaking is the conservative, and the best option. In the even you do not retake, your school list is distorted. Going blindly by ranking is foolish, and Wash U & Notre Dame likely will not get you back to the east coast. You should pick a region, and go there.

If you're deadset on NY, I would add Cardozo to the list as you might get a full ride. If you go this cycle and don't get UVA ED then foregoing big law for a full ride may make the most sense.

Return to “What are my chances?”