Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Postby hoya85312 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:27 pm

Last edited by hoya85312 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 2.9/165

Postby stillwater » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:33 pm

hoya85312 wrote:With these numbers, I'm primarily looking at Temple or American, but am retaking the LSAT in December. While my GPA is embarrassingly low, I have lived abroad for the past three years teaching at a prestigious high school in China. I also speak three languages and have a background in politics. What do you think my chances are at these schools? If I get a 170 on the retake (not holding my breath), then what schools do you think would be open to considering my application? If I do well, my reach schools are Fordham, Northwestern, and William and Mary.

My main regions are NY, DC, PA, CA, and AZ, and am looking to be employed somewhere abroad after graduation.

Forgive my naiveté and thanks in advance for your help.

you should focus on retaking and getting a 170. try for UVA or NW.

working abroad is probably an unrealistic expectation from these schools. generally an AMerican JD program prepares you to practice US law. HYS would make a move abroad more realistic based on name recognition.

Also, i would heavily dissuade you from attending American. It is a festering TTT.

Alsox2, where do you have ties??

Postby hoya85312 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:40 pm

Thanks for your reply. I'm from Arizona and graduated from the Univ. of Arizona. I'm highly considering both ASU and the UA, as they are quite strong regional schools. However, I'm quite sure I don't want to live in Arizona after graduating.

I'm definitely praying that my score will improve drastically.

Postby theoutpostmhs » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:04 pm

Your best bet is to retake and try to score 170+ and include a gpa addendum in your application (if you have a good enough explanation for it).

You have pretty good chances at Washu and Emory as you stand now. GW too if you can raise your score a few points. These schools are better than Temple/American, and even Fordham, Northeastern and W&M.

Are you URM?

Return to “What are my chances?”