Really need some help :/

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
LElsa

Really need some help :/

Postby LElsa » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:58 pm

Last edited by LElsa on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TigerDude

Re: Really need some help :/

Postby TigerDude » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:00 pm

The consensus here is that a 155 will just get you into a law school you probably shouldn't attend due to the risks of debt and jobs.

If you are not willing to study (like really really study) for the LSAT you probably should do something else.

sublime

Postby sublime » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:02 pm

Last edited by sublime on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

californiauser

Postby californiauser » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Retake. You're too smart not to.

Also, what are your career goals? If you want to be a rural DA or something similar, you might just need a few more points to get a huge scholarship at a regional school.

LElsa

Postby LElsa » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:30 pm

Thank you everyone, I really feel lost about what my next few months should look like and this was a big help. Question: Will the benefits of a higher LSAT score (which I am assuming I would get, since I have only taken it once and I'd probably buck up and take some sort of prep course) outweigh the late application? I'd take the February test, since I cannot sign up for the December test.
and @tiger, I am "really really" willing to study. People have reasons beyond laziness for not wanting to take the test again.

jingosaur

Postby jingosaur » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:09 am

LElsa wrote:Thank you everyone, I really feel lost about what my next few months should look like and this was a big help. Question: Will the benefits of a higher LSAT score (which I am assuming I would get, since I have only taken it once and I'd probably buck up and take some sort of prep course) outweigh the late application? I'd take the February test, since I cannot sign up for the December test.
and @tiger, I am "really really" willing to study. People have reasons beyond laziness for not wanting to take the test again.

If retaking means that you have to wait another year, you should wait another year. Pretty much any increase in points will drastically improve your chances no matter when you apply. I boosted my initial score by 6 points and missed last year's cycle and I couldn't be happier with my decision to do so.

PepperJack

Postby PepperJack » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:52 pm

Iowa or Maryland make sense as far as schools to apply to. They're both in the same region. Everyone knows Mid-Atlantic + Iowa + Algeria = one market.

Return to “What are my chances?”