3.3/174, Chances at UVA?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
awoodard

3.3/174, Chances at UVA?

Postby awoodard » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:02 pm

3.3+ from top 25 undergrad, 174 and okay softs. nothing stellar, some summer internships and research experience.
I am very interested in UVA, and am wondering if it would be plausible for me to get in, ED or RD.
Either way, would I have any shot at some sort of scholarship?

Any insight is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edit: I've looked at mylsn, and am mostly wondering about applying at this point in the cycle (not late, but not early either), and scholarship potential.

Tiago Splitter

Re: 3.3/174, Chances at UVA?

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:25 pm

awoodard wrote:3.3+ from top 25 undergrad, 174 and okay softs. nothing stellar, some summer internships and research experience.
I am very interested in UVA, and am wondering if it would be plausible for me to get in, ED or RD.
Either way, would I have any shot at some sort of scholarship?

Any insight is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edit: I've looked at mylsn, and am mostly wondering about applying at this point in the cycle (not late, but not early either), and scholarship potential.

Are you a Virginia resident? If so, you are probably in with money. If not, you will probably get waitlisted and would need to apply ED to get in, which no one is going to recommend absent unique circumstances. The main reason ED is a bad idea is that it likely locks you into paying sticker price when you could get some money from peer schools.

awoodard

Postby awoodard » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:37 pm

Last edited by awoodard on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toby Ziegler

Postby Toby Ziegler » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:47 pm

awoodard wrote:Whoops, should've put that info in my first post--nope, not a VA resident. Thanks for the info.

Any ideas about Georgetown? I know I'm probably on the margins for getting a scholarship there, but in terms of RD admission?

I think you will get into UVA RD, just a gut feeling. I have two friends at UVA (a 3L and a 1L) both of them highly recommended visiting with Dean Richard if I had any questions. They both spoke of how open she is. I would send her an email and see when she would like to visit. That would help you a ton.

Return to “What are my chances?”