168/3.92 ED at Chicago?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
BigZuck

Re: 168/3.92 ED at Chicago?

Postby BigZuck » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:08 pm

Retake

captainamerica18

Postby captainamerica18 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:23 pm

Is there anything to be said to simply preferring a school and thus paying more. I obviously understand that I am a big boy and can make any decision I like, but I am just wondering what people think about paying more money for certain attributes they enjoy about a school (ie small class, culture, location, etc.). Is this just the school's marketing department doing a good job or are there significant differences between top schools when it comes to this?

I realize this is kind of a dumb question, just wanted to hear what other people have to say about some of the "selling points" that schools claim to have (not including hard data like LSAT/GPA medians and placement numbers).

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:33 pm

Yeah, I don't think it really matters. You're learning the same crap with a similar pool of people and similar types of professors. All that really matters is cost, employment outcomes, and then location. All the rest is kind of whatevs and just tie breakers amongst schools that are similar in the three main categories. For example, I might buy whatever school solid me better between NYU and Columbia because they are basically the same school in most ways that matter. However, I wouldn't "buy" whatever program GULC was selling me over Harvard's unless I had a super compelling reason to stay in DC (think: family) and/or it was a lot cheaper

Anyway, the beauty of retaking when you have a super high gpa is you can usually pay a lot less (or not at all!)

Retake

Return to “What are my chances?”