3.79 GPA/ 156 LSAT (as of now) Chances? Help!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
chicagogirl

3.79 GPA/ 156 LSAT (as of now) Chances? Help!

Postby chicagogirl » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:49 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum, but I was really hoping to get some perspective on chances of getting into my top choice law schools. Currently, I'm hitting a 156 on my practice LSATs and I look to improve to at least a 158. I'm taking the December 2013 LSAT, and will apply for fall. My undergrad degree will be from the George Washington University (3.79 GPA), and I have an excellent resume, personal statement, and recs- I've interned at the White House,The Atlantic Council, and the DOJ. With the current LSAT score what would be my chances of getting into these schools:

1. University of Minnesota- Twin Cities (reach)
2. Washington University in St. Louis (reach)
3. GW Law (reach)
4. University of Wisconsin-Madison (middle)
5. Boston College (middle)
6. University of Iowa (safety)
7. University of Illinois (I'm from Illinois so I don't know if that helps)
8. UNC (???)
9. American University

I'm looking to move back to Chicago eventually, so I was wondering if there were any other Midwestern schools that I should apply to?

I'm really freaking out and stressing about this- any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

jbagelboy

Re: 3.79 GPA/ 156 LSAT (as of now) Chances? Help!

Postby jbagelboy » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:52 pm

If you don't hit 167+ on your december take (Which it doesn't look like you will), I recommend retaking in June and applying fall 2014. There's no point in shelving those great grades, LORs, and resume to pay sticker at a regional school catering to a market you have no interest in.

MistakenGenius

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:27 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

iamgeorgebush

Postby iamgeorgebush » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:22 pm

jbagelboy wrote:If you don't hit 167+ on your december take (Which it doesn't look like you will), I recommend retaking in June and applying fall 2014. There's no point in shelving those great grades, LORs, and resume to pay sticker at a regional school catering to a market you have no interest in.

TITCR.

HYSenberg

Postby HYSenberg » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:14 am

You're definitely overestimating your chances of admission to a lot of those schools (e.g., Iowa as a safety) with that LSAT score. If anything, its an unlikely reach.

chicagogirl

Postby chicagogirl » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:40 am

Thanks so much for all the comments. They have been more helpful to me than the pre-law advising at my school (which is surprisingly a joke at GW, although half of the senior class is taking the LSAT :roll: ). I know that a 156 is too low for all the schools I stated, but hopefully I'll increase a bit more before the LSAT. I've already increased 8 points in the past week, but then again I don't really know what might happen. I just wanted to get a general perspective. I'll most likely end up taking it at a later late. Thanks again!

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:51 am

Pre-law advisors are, as a general rule, some of the most useless human beings on the planet. Almost all of them give absolutely horrible advice. Don't ever waste another minute talking with the one at GW.

Return to “What are my chances?”