How does LSAC evaluate foreign transcript? Killing me...

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
crazyvix

How does LSAC evaluate foreign transcript? Killing me...

Postby crazyvix » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:07 am

I don't have an American undergrad degree, which means I will not get a GPA. my undergrad transcripts says 88.2/100, rank 2nd out of 303.. but I heard that LSAC would only give Superior to those who score 90+.. I really need a Superior to get into HLS, is there a possibility LSAC would give me a Superior..? Thanks in advance!

midwest17

Re: How does LSAC evaluate foreign transcript? Killing me...

Postby midwest17 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:13 pm

Submit your transcripts and find out.

hcrimson2014

Re: How does LSAC evaluate foreign transcript? Killing me...

Postby hcrimson2014 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:04 am

crazyvix wrote:I don't have an American undergrad degree, which means I will not get a GPA. my undergrad transcripts says 88.2/100, rank 2nd out of 303.. but I heard that LSAC would only give Superior to those who score 90+.. I really need a Superior to get into HLS, is there a possibility LSAC would give me a Superior..? Thanks in advance!

If you are in premium foreign institutions like Oxbridge, Tokyo, Tsinghua/Beijing, an 85 would get you an S, other schools does require an 90 to guarantee a Superior, but a class rank of 2/303 is really impressive and you can definitely leverage that to argue for an S if LSAC only initially awards AA to your transcript. I know some people who have gotten the boost after complaining that their assessment was too low based on their class ranks.

Return to “What are my chances?”