3.81/166 Help me with my decisions please

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
bombaysippin
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:11 pm

3.81/166 Help me with my decisions please

Postby bombaysippin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:22 pm

I am currently studying for a final retake in Dec.

I am hoping to try and get acceptances from Lower T-14, particularly Cornell and its peers. I've checked mylsn for info, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

--ImageRemoved--

Cornell says 80%, but there's only 5 data points. Do I expand the search with a little higher/lower gpa/lsat?

I'm not really sure when to send apps in. Everything is almost done with revisions to my PS and DS, probably done by next week. I want to be early, but at the same time since I am retaking in Dec does it matter :? ?

Thanks everyone.
Last edited by bombaysippin on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: 3.81/166 Help me with my decisions please

Postby Lavitz » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:47 pm

Bajam wrote:Cornell says 80%, but there's only 5 data points. Do I expand the search with a little higher/lower gpa/lsat?

Don't use automatic search. Peg the LSAT at 166 since the difference between 166 and 167 should be important when Cornell's median is 167. Then adjust the GPA range to one that's consistently above-median like yours is.

Image

So you still have a 77% chance at Cornell RD.

Bajam wrote:I'm not really sure when to send apps in. Everything is almost done with revisions to my PS and DS, probably done by next week. I want to be early, but at the same time since I am retaking in Dec does it matter :? ?

I know Cornell recently changed EA to ED this year so I'm going to guess people may not have too much insight, but I am wondering if I should ED there or just throw in my app for regular decision because I found out I cannot do regular decision and then change to ED II later.

I would just wait since you're retaking and the schools would have to wait for the new score anyway. At least wait to submit Cornell. If you don't improve on the retake, you may feel compelled to ED somewhere with that 166. Probably not necessary for Cornell with a 167 though:

Image

User avatar
bombaysippin
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: 3.81/166 Help me with my decisions please

Postby bombaysippin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:51 pm

Lavitz, you've been nothing but help, thanks x298434242!

Anyone else have thoughts?




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest