2.75/172 chances at t-14 ED? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lawpanther

New

2.75/172 chances at t-14 ED?

Post by lawpanther » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:19 am

crap crap gpa, but hopefully the lsat will help me out.

Which t-14 schools do i have a shot at ed?

h/y/s out even if they did ed
c/c/n out

mich?
uva?
penn?
duke?
gulc?
cornell?

NU is out obviously. boalt has no ed.

no huge softs and no URM. crap. am i screwed? thanks for the advice and palm reading fellow tlsers

thomasgfarrow

New

Re: 2.75/172 chances at t-14 ED?

Post by thomasgfarrow » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:37 am

That is tough mate. Congrats on the great LSAT score. I think your best bet is to make a strong case that your grades are not representative of your ability to succeed in law school, and that deference should be granted to your lsat score. I know that Penn has the option to submit an addenda. Is your GPA being brought down by a bad two years? I know that most schools consider that a student's grades have been improving as he/she has spent more time in college, is that true for you?

lawpanther

New

Post by lawpanther » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:43 am

unfortunately, not really. I had a bad few years when I got a number of f's, but i also got some a's.
then my last few years i had no f's, no ds, very few c's, but I had like a lot of b- and few a's so it averages out to that 275

yuck, i know. I didnt know that a gpa addendum was for things besides wild illnesses or crazy things? I wasn't planning to write one because i really have no excuse other than being young and dumb.

jordan15

Bronze

Post by jordan15 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:58 am

Why ED? You're probably in NU and GULC RD (might be WL first). You're also in WUSTL with a possible scholarship, if you care.

lawpanther

New

Post by lawpanther » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:16 pm

jordan15 wrote:Why ED? You're probably in NU and GULC RD (might be WL first). You're also in WUSTL with a possible scholarship, if you care.
yeah, that's a fair question. Here's my reasoning:

I'm immediately taking wustl out, because they're non-t-14. I mean, great school, i'm applying, etc. but i'm really looking for info on top14 just in this case.

so, here's why the ED. i was aware that i might have a shot at nu and gulc, but it's not a sure thing. I have no work experience, so i can't guarantee nu, and i fi can get somewhere better than gulc, that'd be great. Pretty much no way i'd get any money at either of those schools, because gulc is so stingy and nu doesn't seem to want to throw money at splitters. I'm unlikely to get any other t-14 RD, but it'd be great to try and put myself in a position to have a shot at 3 t-14 schools rather than 2. SO i'm thinking ed. it's not like i have a shot without ed, and if i can lock myself into going to a t-14 that's higher ranked than gulc and nu that'd be great, and i'd pretty much be paying sticker at any t-14, etc

I assume I have a small shot at uva, but who really knows. they didn't seem super keen on people with this low of a gpa last cycle, so not counting on that either. Trying to gauge my shots with uva, mich, penn, duke, cornell to try and balance likelihood of admission ed with how much i want to live there for 3+ years

i guess a better question might be, are any DEFINITELY out?

thanks

McGruff

Bronze

Post by McGruff » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:06 pm

lawpanther wrote:
jordan15 wrote:Why ED? You're probably in NU and GULC RD (might be WL first). You're also in WUSTL with a possible scholarship, if you care.
yeah, that's a fair question. Here's my reasoning:

I'm immediately taking wustl out, because they're non-t-14. I mean, great school, i'm applying, etc. but i'm really looking for info on top14 just in this case.

so, here's why the ED. i was aware that i might have a shot at nu and gulc, but it's not a sure thing. I have no work experience, so i can't guarantee nu, and i fi can get somewhere better than gulc, that'd be great. Pretty much no way i'd get any money at either of those schools, because gulc is so stingy and nu doesn't seem to want to throw money at splitters. I'm unlikely to get any other t-14 RD, but it'd be great to try and put myself in a position to have a shot at 3 t-14 schools rather than 2. SO i'm thinking ed. it's not like i have a shot without ed, and if i can lock myself into going to a t-14 that's higher ranked than gulc and nu that'd be great, and i'd pretty much be paying sticker at any t-14, etc

I assume I have a small shot at uva, but who really knows. they didn't seem super keen on people with this low of a gpa last cycle, so not counting on that either. Trying to gauge my shots with uva, mich, penn, duke, cornell to try and balance likelihood of admission ed with how much i want to live there for 3+ years

i guess a better question might be, are any DEFINITELY out?

thanks
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 9&t=218894

tl;dr - "ED UVA!"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”