159/3.96

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
LawVol

159/3.96

Postby LawVol » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:44 pm

I made a 159 on the October test. I have a 3.96 GPA Which makes me first in my class at a large Southern state university with fairly good softs (clerk at firm, job, etc). I am planning to retake but my questions are this:
1. Where can I get In now (t14 and Texas/Vandy in particular)
2. what score do I need to make in December to get In the above schools?
3. Should I start applying now to those schools before my December score or wait until I hopefully Improve?

Thanks guys. I appreciate it

hephaestus

Re: 159/3.96

Postby hephaestus » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:47 pm

With a 168+ you'll get most of the lower T14.

BigZuck

Re: 159/3.96

Postby BigZuck » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:56 pm

LawVol wrote:I made a 159 on the October test. I have a 3.96 GPA Which makes me first in my class at a large Southern state university with fairly good softs (clerk at firm, job, etc). I am planning to retake but my questions are this:
1. Where can I get In now (t14 and Texas/Vandy in particular)
2. what score do I need to make in December to get In the above schools?
3. Should I start applying now to those schools before my December score or wait until I hopefully Improve?

Thanks guys. I appreciate it

1. Doesn't matter because you're gonna slaughter the retake and not go to law school with that number profile. You got this!

Also, don't go to UT unless you want to live and work in Texas long term (and ideally have ties to the state)

2. Don't settle for anything less than a 169. But ideally grab that 180

3. I would wait, especially if December doesn't work out the way you want to and you have to retake one more time and sit out a cycle

Return to “What are my chances?”